Game Day Rnd 19 Carlton vs Adelaide - Yep, there's a game on today

Remove this Banner Ad

The ironic thing is that in one facet of our club, we are elite. Our AFLW team set new standards in how the game should be played. They turned a reasonable defender into the league leading goal kicker, lost the no 1 ruck just before the season but didn't blink, and blooded a string of young players - some of whom were crucial players by year end. We were also prepared to make tough, if unpopular calls, such as sacking a premiership coach.

Yet our men's team has barely suffered an injury (Doedee excepted), had a cruisey draw, and churned out a string of listless, unaccountable performances. We have made Carlton look awesome, gave Brad Scott his last win, folded against Essendon's B team, and nothing changes. We've put in one reasonable away performance since the 2017 GF (Sydney away last year) and mailed it in time and time again.

Yet who here has any confidence that there is an appetite to change things at West Lakes?
You forgot about the GWS win (home), Geelong bar the last 5 minutes (home), Geelong in a half (away) and West Coast in a half (home) this year, we seem to "choose" when to play well, initially I thought it might be fitness (which can be fixable next year) but if it's Pyke then I hope we don't do a Port Power who has kept Hinkley for way too long.

He's a star but still not that special according to Kornes while blowing smoke up Rozee's arse. The Crouches have now established themselves as stat-padding crabs. I'd offer them but it's not like you need them with Cripps and Walsh patrolling the middle.
That's funny because I think Walsh ays pretty similarly to the way Cornes did. Lots of touches, not that much impact

Walker gave some very good leads but were ignored by our inept midfield (that is a forward craft he excels in) and as they took too long, then they decide to boom it inside when Carlton's got their players back there and we were getting smashed in the centre bounce as well.

He’s been doing it for weeks

No way known will I blame this debacle on Tex

Sorry
But of which is the quarter you speak of ?
In the 3rd quarter we had control for the first time in the game but failed to score, the 1st one of the quarter from Casbolt running from the boundary was the killer as that was virtually their few inside 50 when we dominated for half the quarter and it put them nearly 4 goals up which given our form in the 2nd half for the month, it was always way too much.

But tough and consistent, others thought that about Cripps earlier in his career and look at him now.
Walsh has the baseline to follow in Cripps career.
He's not the same player as Cripps.

Where do we start , or at what point do the powers that be ( and good luck on knowing who they are atm ) , decide a complete head to toe painstaking, rebuild is required.
This group , for whatever reason are not having a collective crack.

Is it a knee jerk reaction to last years Birdbrain Burtons diabolical conditioning program ??,
one thing is obvious, we are seriously underdone.

Probably the most disappointing factor is the lack of intent shown and that's not a fitness issue.

Something is crook at head quarters and I look forward to the watching the documentary in ten years time.

A vast majority of this current team (and admin )have been though more emotional turmoil than most professional
sporting organisations have had to endure and the fear of moving forward is holding us back..

Its hard to watch past heroes misguieded loyalty and incompetence collectively screwing this club.

At some point a completely independent auditor needs to come in and wield the axe .

( now back to the real world ,as we will never see it, the old world boys club will always reign supreme at the AFC )

That's what experts were saying about Cripps early in his career, he get's a lot of the ball and does the tough stuff but nothing else.....Walsh has attribute similar to Cripps at the same stage in his career.
Cripps is a monster of a human, he wouldn't be able to do what he does if he wasn't.

Not saying Walsh is going to be ordinary by any means, but he's not the best player in his draft year..... not by a margin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, there is plenty of young quality developing in the SANFL (evident by another potential A grader in RoB), except our coaches don't want to play them and it's too late in the season to as we are "mathematically" still in finals contention.
Mathematically or not we have 0 percent chance of getting within 10 goals of any other finalist. If younger players aren't played now when we are currently the standard of a bottom 4 club then the club may as well fold. Pyke will be sacked whether it's this year or round 11 next year but he must be Told to play kids. If he says no I would terminate him on the spot. Personally i know Pyke is not the right person for our club and would pull off the bandaid now and start rebuilding this preseason.

Last edited:
Mathematically or not we have 0 percent chance of getting within 10 goals of any other finalist. If younger players aren't played now when we are currently the standard of a bottom 4 club then the club may as well fold. Pyke will be sacked whether it's this year or round 11 next year but he must be Told to play kids. If he says no I would terminate him on the spot.
He does what he's told, always has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back