Preview Rnd 22 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sat 19th August 7.25PM @ Etihad - Changes post #160

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrelevant clubs tend to worry about irrelevant things..

And we are relevant because .... our players don't care about being considered the worst team or losing games?

I'm struggling to see what makes us relevant compared to anyone else. Our history? I really hope we don't return to our sense of entitlement.

I really hope we do not become so politically correct we cannot hold differing views without being vilified...

Until we are contending for Flags our club has built nothing except an empty shell that looks very pretty and makes all the right noises but when you crack it there is nothing inside.

Last edited:
I really hope we do not become so politically correct we cannot hold differing views without being vilified...

Until we are contending for Flags our club has built nothing except an empty shell that looks very pretty and makes all the right noises but when you crack it there is nothing inside.

You do realise our supporter base as a whole gets tarred with the same brush when some of our supporters actively celebrate wooden spoons and hope for losses.

The reward was far greater in the days before pre-draft priority picks. Can't fathom the logic when we are talking one or two draft picks higher up the order.

You do realise our supporter base as a whole gets tarred with the same brush when some of our supporters actively celebrate wooden spoons and hope for losses.

The reward was far greater in the days before pre-draft priority picks. Can't fathom the logic when we are talking one or two draft picks higher up the order.
You do realize there is no wooden spoon right? Someone has to finish last every year ..it is never to be celebrated ..but please explain how you whining about it will change it or for that matter any supporter .....oh hang on you cannot ...that is up to our coaches and players So pray tell just which list is ours better than right now given our injuries..

I'm trying to remember a game against the Dawks at PP in the 80s where we kicked (from memory) 8 goals in time on in the 3rd Q. Was one of those performances that helped coin the 3rd Q being our "premiership quarter".

We just kept getting it out of the centre and goaled every time. Never seen anything like it since!

Does anyone remember this? Blueseum has us kicking 10 goals in the 3rd Q round 20 1983 so thinking that might be the game.

I'm trying to remember a game against the Dawks at PP in the 80s where we kicked (from memory) 8 goals in time on in the 3rd Q. Was one of those performances that helped coin the 3rd Q being our "premiership quarter".

We just kept getting it out of the centre and goaled every time. Never seen anything like it since!

Does anyone remember this? Blueseum has us kicking 10 goals in the 3rd Q round 20 1983 so thinking that might be the game.

Rd 4 1982.

We went bunta.

Yes. Was there. There were a few games at PP around the same time when we did the same. Did it to the Hawks in a final in '82 as well - kicked 11 in the third term. I recall a match against Sydney when we kicked 12 in the first quarter too.

Fun times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for that!

Yep, Blueseum says "the most explosive 10 minutes of football ever by the Bluebaggers".

Says "7 goals or was it more"? I remember 8 but it was still the best 10 mins I've seen!

Actually started a week earlier v the Pies at Vikky Park.

Went with the old man, mad Essendon supporter, and he actually said for the first and last time, 'Your blokes look alright.'

High praise indeed.

You do realize there is no wooden spoon right? Someone has to finish last every year ..it is never to be celebrated ..but please explain how you whining about it will change it or for that matter any supporter .....oh hang on you cannot ...that is up to our coaches and players So pray tell just which list is ours better than right now given our injuries..

So you don't want to be vilified for your opinion but you want to call me a whiner for mine?

Quite simply, barracking for a loss to move up one draft spot reflects poorly on our supporter base IMO. You 'whining' about my opinion won't change anything. Do you see how this can work both ways?

think dad had sent me down the hill to queue for beers, right pocket, scoreboard end - got back having missed 6 goals - broken-hearted queuing for piss with the roar of the crowd letting me know.........over and over - cheers dad........fmd, that premiership quarter.........

So you don't want to be vilified for your opinion but you want to call me a whiner for mine?

Quite simply, barracking for a loss to move up one draft spot reflects poorly on our supporter base IMO. You 'whining' about my opinion won't change anything. Do you see how this can work both ways?

Of Course but as usual you answered nothing.

Of Course but as usual you answered nothing.

There was nothing to answer. None of it was relevant to anything I had talked about.

Someone finishes last every year ... right. There is no actual spoon ... right but the absence of a physical trophy doesn't change the history.

Who has a better list ... relevance?

Chances are there is no difference between pick 1 and 2 in terms if getting Kelly. Surprised a few are actively cheering for it. Guarantee the club aren't.
This.
No way do I want us to finish bottom.

Boring.

Anyhoo, the legend about the Premierhip quarters reminds me of the Greg Wells story.

He'd played 10 years in struggling Melbourne sides and we snapped him up under the old June 30 clearance rule

Apparently we go in at half time 4 goals down and leans to Kenny Sheldon and says to Bomba, 'We're in trouble here.'

Bomba 10 years his junior says something along the lines of 'Don't worry, we'll sort it.'

Out we go, 30 minutes and 10 goals later chooks were wrapped.

5 minute pop quiz folks.

Only 3 of our 22 playing this week have ever played in a win against the Hawks.

1. Name the 3

2. Which one has a positive winning % against them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back