AFL Autopsy RND 7: Beaten by the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

After that start, I expected far worse.

Can’t be too unhappy with that, coming off a 5 day break against a rampaging reigning premier.

Get a good break in and recover recover recover to try and give ourselves a crack against Port.

Meh. Closer than I thought it would be, especially after that first quarter and coming off a 5 day break. In previous years we would have just given up,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the worst performance. Worked back into the game well. Just our turnovers were brutal, a lot just stemming from unforced errors.

Really not liking Langford in defence. I think he offers very little back there on top of being down a quality forward. Worst of both worlds.

OK, so Geelong probably switched off in the second half. But, I think some more signs from Scott that when we can avoid it we're going to show something.
We faired better today than the last 2 times Shitney has played Geelong and be it truck or Woosh in charge, I think we would of lost this by 70+

It's always balls to lose, but Brad will be seeing who and what don't work.

I have a slight concern that Mass might be a borderline AFL/VFL level player. He has the talent but seems a bit lost sometimes and I worry he might only be a slight upgrade on Hind who is pretty much VFL standard.

Stoked for Weed, Stringer and Hobbs. Setterfield still looks like a good pick up and I still think Walla has a lot to offer us at senior level.

As good as Geelong are and what good form they are in I thought we were down 30% on what we are capable of. Was it because of the 5 day break? Shuffling the side around because of that? Hate losing but if we can keep our biggest loss of the year under 40 points I will be happy. We didn’t just fall over we fought it out. It’s not the 4 points but it’s progress.

Ugly but plenty to take away. Was always a really horrible fixture (thanks AwFuL) to go up against Geelong with 3 days less rest. Got jumped early.. thought we needed to make the change on both Danger and Hawkins far, far sooner than we did. Game was almost over after ten minutes.

On the positive side.. Stringer had a good game and played more midfield minutes, Parish was dominate, we scored over 100 (that will win most games), if you take out the 3 goals we literally gifted them with shocking turnovers.. we only went down by 2 goals which shows some improvement after last year. Weeds was good and opportunistic. AMT got through a full game and did a couple of nice things.

A game like this though really makes me think that we have the wrong recruiter.. my family are all mad cats fans and so I watch them pretty closely. We just never seem to match up with them.. we have so many players with poor disposal, too short, too lean.. there are just some really really big gaps in our list and I feel that we need to look at the root cause.

Realistically expected to lose against Pies, Geelong, Port and Brisbane.. and so far we have played better than expected. If we play like this then we will push both port and lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back