Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Collingwood Saturday May 11th 1.45PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1:45 is a bit odd come to think of it...is this to avoid overlap with the following 4:35 game time?

Yep, cause TV viewers are agog to tune into the Suns v Dees blockbuster at Metricon.

Foxtel are one of the very worst things to happen to footy, from a fixturing point od view.

How many kids and families have had to miss attending gams cause of Thursday night/Sunday Twilight time slots ?.

Not any more. Now they have the Score Review interruptions and stupid waiting for players to get in 6-6-6 format after every goal, it is closer to another 10 minutes extra that what been the norm.

Wouldn't goal line technology/censors make the need for goal review redundant ?

What bugs me is when they do reviews for behinds/out on the full. Pointless, time wasting nonsense

Wouldn't goal line technology/censors make the need for goal review redundant ?

What bugs me is when they do reviews for behinds/out on the full. Pointless, time wasting nonsense

The goal reviews annoy me the most. If you cannot decide after 20 to 30 seconds, go back to the original umpires call as clearly it not clear on video anyway.
When they take near a minute or more to do one, do that 8 times a game and already an extra 8 minutes wasted for not much overall improvement to decisions for the game.

Last edited:
Done the morning needful:
- Walked dog
- Been to gym
- Congratulated Samo on 50 games.
Leaving home soon to jump on the no. 1 tram and the G beckons beyond!
Have fun today all, cautiously optimistic as I usually am just before a game. Really keen to see our response. It’s a funny old game is footy.
Go Blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The goal reviews annoy me the most. If you cannot decide after 20 to 30 seconds, go back to the original umpires call as clearly it not clear on video anyway.
When they take near a minute or more to do one, do that 8 times a game and already an extra 8 minutes wasted for not much overall improvement to decisions for the game.
Did you see last nights game ?
Goal umpire signalled a clear goal yet the central umpire calls for a review to see if it was touched before or after the line with the goal umpire in perfect position ! Total waste of time.

Did you see last nights game ?
Goal umpire signalled a clear goal yet the central umpire calls for a review to see if it was touched before or after the line with the goal umpire in perfect position ! Total waste of time.

Not all of the game. Watched it on Kayo much later and skipped parts so I could watch about an hours worth of play, rather than two hours worth. There were about two or three goal reviews but last night seemed to have less than most games I seen this year. The few ones I saw were not as drawn out as some others. Think I saw lots in Hawks v Dees game last week that drove me bonkers.

God I hope we win. I was stuck next to the biggest dick Collingwood supporters i have ever seen in my life for the last two hours on a train. My hatred of that club has doubled

Two hours on a train. Must be Vline as metro line trains do not last more than an hour any line. Guess you coming from Bendigo or something. Big call to say biggest dickhead Colingwood supporter. Lots of candidates, hard pressed to pick just one stand out dickhead above all others. But I do feel for you. Hopefully we win but not going to be easy. Young fellas are go to have to play well over three quarters of good footy to win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back