Rolling Ashes Squad Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pattinson is the big query. I recon they will take him to the A tour and then if he gets through that he'll be a late inclusion to the squad.
Dont they have a policy of being able to pick players from outside the squad if they are playing county cricket? Pattinson was extremely good for Nottingham last year.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Dont they have a policy of being able to pick players from outside the squad if they are playing county cricket? Pattinson was extremely good for Nottingham last year.
They will want him to show continuity in some way shape or form. A tour or County cricket either one.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I said this when he got a shock recall last summer.
Said it was with an eye to the Ashes.

He should tour IMO.
Horses for courses.
Yep plus in England it's not about speed, line and length is everything. The best test we played in the last Ashes series over there was when Siddle played.

Ishikawa

Team Captain
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is hard to say where exactly Siddle would fit in to an XI (ie. play him from the first test or just strategically through the series?), but think he does need to be included along with Richardson among the five pacemen in the squad because of the variety he offers to the rest of them. Langer recognises this I am pretty sure going on his support for him. 4-for overnight on a first day The Oval wicket.

Bancroft a meticulous 33 off 150 (by sound of the wicket & conditions it was a warranted knock, although hard to understand much from the remarkably self indulgent knob who wrote the cricinfo report). Ton for Labuschagne - hard to infer quality of knock given Glamrogan ended up 4/433. For the English, Anderson and Broad were in the wickets as would be expected and Root & Ballance dominant with the bat again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
If Pattinson is fit, does Siddle go? If we assume we take five fast bowlers, Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood go, Pattinson is a talent, and has Richardson passed Siddle?

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Given Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Richardson will all be in the World Cup squad, it will give Pattinson and Siddle plenty of chance in the A tour to impress

According to Fox Soorts, Wade is in the A squad

a mayes ing

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Given Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Richardson will all be in the World Cup squad, it will give Pattinson and Siddle plenty of chance in the A tour to impress

According to Fox Soorts, Wade is in the A squad
I don't understand why we can't just add 1 more to the ssquad number if it really tight between 2 people

Howard Littlejohn

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Pattinson is fit, does Siddle go? If we assume we take five fast bowlers, Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood go, Pattinson is a talent, and has Richardson passed Siddle?
If Siddle is showing County form like 2018, he has to be ahead of Richardson (and Starc, though different styles) in England.

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
I don't understand why we can't just add 1 more to the ssquad number if it really tight between 2 people
No reason they can't, even one of the quicks mentioned that due to the schedule for the Ashes, its very likely there will be a bit of rotation between the quicks so they might take an extra one in case. But I'd be playing Patto in the first test if he is fit, by that time he'll have been playing for 6 months, if that isn't enough what is? Cummins probably played 1 game and was rushed back in!

Kristof

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
This is what I'd do, I think. Would love to find a spot for Maxy?

XI:
Warner
Harris
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

Squad:
Burns
Wade
Holland
Richardson
Hazlewood
Siddle

AFL Club
Sydney
You technically will as there are 5-6 playing County cricket
And if Kristof's squad of 17 is right and you can still call these 5 or 6 players up at any time.I still would have Maxwell in front of Burns,Patterson and Head at this stage but a lot depends on what he does at Lancashire in his limited opportunities there.NOT a good start with the bat but his bowling performance surprised me and if the test match pitch is more suited to spin could be good support to Lyon.And lets not forget his fielding.

Top Bottom