Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

they are saying on the afl site it’s a $4m for 5 years deal..

So $800k a year. Sounds a bit cheeeeep!...

But Sloane probably would be the type of bloke that would stipulate that he doesn’t get payed massively more than anyone else at the club..
Mitch McGovern likes this

Loved BT Monday night arrogantly grandstanding how he has been saying for 12 months that Sloane is going and that it is an absolute certainty, with the rest of the Vic panel agreeing.

Two days later...

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Someone should tweet Duck to bring it up in 'say that again' and put the blow torch of journo accountability.

Would be soooo much fun watching McClure squirm in the corner.

Gotta love the main board. Someone suggested no Victorian clubs would have been interested in him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Port supporters are inventing all types of rubbish at the moment

Apparently we're paying Rory 1 million a year for five years and also supposedly every other club in the AFL wanted to put an injury clause in his contract except Adelaide so he had no choice in the end but to stay at the Crows.

Port supporters are inventing all types of rubbish at the moment

Apparently we're paying Rory 1 million a year for five years and also supposedly every other club in the AFL wanted to put an injury clause in his contract except Adelaide so he had no choice in the end but to stay at the Crows.
The spin they are putting on it to suit their new agenda is astounding...

'They've given five years to a cooked 30 year old' is the new narrative they are now pushing... :think:

Port are in no position to be criticizing other clubs in regards to long term contracts given their recent history...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the initial dislike or 5 years, but we also probably need to give some security back to Sloane to convince him it's worth staying and being a one club player. If that's what it takes I guess that's what it takes. Still rapt he's hanging around though, was sure he was gone.

Might also put the big C in play next year too. Not that he'd of had it guaranteed or negotiated, I do actually think it could be good for the side as a bit of a "post-Walsh" restart.

Unbelievable. I thought he was gone for sure. 2019 Flag is On Like Donkey Kong.

Sloane, Gibbs, M. Crouch, B. Crouch

Oh yeah baby. Had to wait an extra year, but it’s going to be epic.

Now we absolutely must keep Gov. Have to be firm and tell him he is going nowhere.

Hadn’t given up hope of 7 wins in a row yet either. Bring on the Pussy Cats.

Makes Lynch signing make sense again too. Love it!!!

No doubt Gibbs would be the happiest out of everyone

The only player who doesn’t show spontaneous joy is Patty Wilson. The look on his face seems to say, yep now I am truly ****ed.

I don’t think many/any of his team mates were aware he had signed. Sometimes keeping it all in the Cone of Silence is a good thing.

Unsurprising.

Unless you live on here, where up is down, black is white, and mystical forces are why we haven't been able to bag a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back