Game Day Round 1 2013: Adelaide v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Constantly amazes me how much Tippett has improved since he left.
I've seriously laughed at the people who think Kurt can be replaced just like that. I know it's only one game but lets be honest, Jenkins nor Smack at the moment are half the player Kurt is. They aren't as good as him in the ruck, aren't as good as him around the ground, aren't as good of a pack mark as him (Kurt is elite) and aren't as good a goal kicker as him. I know everyone hates the campaigner but there's no shame in admitting he's a damn good player and will be very very hard to replace. We missed Callinan as well I thought, some people don't like him but he bobs up and dobs a few cheap goals here and there- we need every goalkicker we can get this year.

Horrible, horrible tackling...
Also, is it just me or does anyone else scoff at the effort our boys show at attempting smothers? I want to see themselves throwing themselves at the ball, not a soft 'hands in the general area' smother.

That was a shameful, pathetic and discraceful effort. The most disgusting, effortless and embarrasing display I have seen from this team. I mean this was beyond ugly tonight, no chance at top 4 this year. :( :(

Back line is going to be a serious concern against attacking teams with good forwards. Not helped by the midfield tonight.

2 weeks to sort it out now. Douglas our best. Think we'll see Crouch next round, hopefully Smith is fit and back in asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible effort, bomb to Jenkins will never work, he is a worse mark than Jacobs and Jacobs is crap for a 200cm. Porps crap, M.J terrible and Petrenko an embarrassment to #23... Had a gutful of walking out that shite stadium after another piss poor effort.

I don't think this was a factor at all. Our basic skills were so poor that it made it impossible to get any flow.
Missed his marking I thought, Jenkins just isn't as good a park mark and with our lack of ball movement his marking would've been especially useful as we just bombed it long to a contest.

Constantly amazes me how much Tippett has improved since he left.

This I doubt skirt would have been the difference tonight, and lets be honest he would have missed the goal jenkins kicked.

On a positive note never been a fan of douglas but he looked good tonight hopefully can continue that form all season.

Any chance of Andy D getting a 12 month ban for bringing the game into disrepute, that sliding rule is an absolute disgrace.

Everytime we lose a preliminary final we always have a bad year the following season. I think we are in for a horrible season. Our midfield was terrible tonight, they lacked confidence big time. It was a shameful effort by this team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back