Review Round 1, 2017 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Flea_29 number 50 Ryan Dadds, 55 Sam Copland. i can't find either in the academy lists in the link below.

.http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/BrisbaneLions/Documents/2017 Academy Player Squad List
do you think Berry would be ready for a call up this week? what part of his game impressed you?
Don't think that he will get a call up soon, but he has the size and build to play a few games this year. He also plays with a bit of mongrel - very physical player. He looked much older on the field.
No 50 (Dadds) small in stature but a real live wire and not afraid to mix it with the more mature-bodied Suns players.
No 55 (Copland) was also lively and got a lot of the ball.
Another that I thought did well was McInerney.

Mine too. I know it isn't the complete story but in terms of possessions he matched or bettered Bell, Lester, Rich, Barrett, Robinson and Keays and then you add the three goals. Would like to see him get more of the ball but a pretty darn good contribution for a midfielder/forward just the same.
Of basti can kick 2 goals a game he only needs 15-20 disposals. Had a very balanced game.

Flea_29 number 50 Ryan Dadds, 55 Sam Copland. i can't find either in the academy lists in the link below.

.http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/BrisbaneLions/Documents/2017 Academy Player Squad Lists.pdf

do you think Berry would be ready for a call up this week? what part of his game impressed you?

Dadds & Copland were U18s in our academy last year, but were not picked up in the draft.

I recall mention that we (and the other northern AFL clubs) might be able to maintain a small list of U19 players, which would help us have some consistency in the bottom end of our teamsheet if injuries are a problem again. Sure enough the NEAFL site has (broken) links to "Under 19 Academy Squad"s for each of the northern clubs.

Nonetheless, from the Google cache of ours:
chrome_2017-03-30_09-03-42.png
So that's where they'll have come from. All but Ivers are from our 2016 academy U18s.

Was Billy Lambert an academy player last year or purely a top up? Anyone able to enlighten me where he sat in the scheme of things as to whether I.e he has a realistic shot at making it?

Was Billy Lambert an academy player last year or purely a top up? Anyone able to enlighten me where he sat in the scheme of things as to whether I.e he has a realistic shot at making it?
Hasnt been back in Qld for long enough to be available to us through the academy.

Academy member but not eligible for nominating, same as Himmelberg and Weller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was that and when? And how did we get away with that?

Wasn't us. Ebert #1 wasn't eligible for Port but got selected anyway. They only realised the error when Ebert #2 came through and was ruled ineligible.

Back