Game Day Round 1, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Fages will be too worried. Might regret how he and others handled this match but we know we're still good enough.

Will impact our ladder position at the end of the season but not how well we're playing in 4-5 months time

Our flag chances realistically went down the moment Cam did his knee. Said all pre season we needed another midfielder and it looked like it was going to be him.

Everything about tonight shows we are still lacking in the midfield to compete with the better teams. Hopefully we are targeting one already.

That should've been incorrect disposal, not holding the man.

The tune goes ever ever on...

Was knocked out in the tackle. Not holding the ball but the smallest amount of common sense would've resulted in a play on call

Thought we might have been closing the gap with Richmond, but after watching them on Thursday night and watching us tonight the gap has grown bigger.

golly I was enjoying the relatively pleasant place this sub has been with our positivity.

lets hope we can come back next week and prove a lot of the more.... aggressively negative people wrong :)

Not sure we'll play worse all year.

Swans won't play better. One of those games where they're at 120% and we're at 60%.

Our flag chances realistically went down the moment Cam did his knee. Said all pre season we needed another midfielder and it looked like it was going to be him.

Everything about tonight shows we are still lacking in the midfield to compete with the better teams. Hopefully we are targeting one already.

And we tried to get Smart playing Sharp expecting Robinson, Clug and Berry to step up and they've been horrible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird the focus on guys like Sharp, Birchall and Fullarton when we've been beaten comprehensively in the guts.

Sharp has got the taste but is clearly not there yet. Deserved his debut but needs to earn his spot and he hasn't done that.

Birchalls (and Lester's) defensive work has been shocking. Their lack of speed has been exposed big time. Gardiner to take one of their spots.

Fullarton hasn't had much to work with. Would put a midfielder in for him unless we're confident our current mids will bounce back. I'm not confident they will and think an extra inside mid will help.

I would have thought the boys would've had some respect and at least 'won' the final quarter and they still have no answers or worst yet, respect in themselves to try to put something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back