Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the wings will cause the most debate this year.
Most want Phillips gone. Fair call.
Some want Morrison.
Others want a combination of Day/ CJ/ Bramble.
Then others are saying Bramble is training with the backs.
Then there is Howe.

In other words, we've got no idea.
Yeah maybe a “* knows” approach is needed.

TFP seemed to suggest this may also reflect that the position itself is in transition in the game which is another factor in all of this - ie run is from flanks and, wings are now more of a contested role

Last edited:
Sounds like the wings will cause the most debate this year.
Most want Phillips gone. Fair call.
Some want Morrison.
Others want a combination of Day/ CJ/ Bramble.
Then others are saying Bramble is training with the backs.
Then there is Howe.

In other words, we've got no idea.
Correct weight. Morrison / Howe / Shiel appears to have played there the first intra so it may be more of the same, but that’s with Day and CJ injured. So who knows but it doesn't sound like either of those guys will be right for wing round 1.

B. Dimma, Frost, DGB
HB. Scrimshaw, Sicily, Day
C. CJ, Mitchell, Ward
HF. Moore, Lewis, Wingard
F: Breust, Kosi, Brockman
Foll: Reeves, Worpel, Nash
Int: O'Meara, Bramble, McEvoy, MacDonald

Sub : Finn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Hardwick Hartigan Impey
HB: Sicily Frost Day??
C: Bramble Mitchell CJ
HF: Jeka Lewis Moore
FF: Brockman Kosi Breust
RR: Lynch O'Meara Wingard??
INT: Scrimshaw Worpel Ward McEvoy
EMG: Reeves Butler Nash

??: Not sure if ready for r1

Jeka, Lewis and Kosi is a very slow and clunky forward line. I'd rather Finn gets a go at half forward (or through the middle with JOM at half forward.

Gunners? Shiels not even an emergency?

No Phillips Howe Morrison Newcombe DGB...great sign in terms of how tight it is for spots.

Pretty similar to mine (which I'm yet to finalise).

Gunston to replace Jeka in my line-up & Howe gets a gig in my 22 - just not sure who he replaces (Ward?). I think we need some extra defensive edge in the 22 & Howe is it, for mine.

Also want Nash in there, but again - can't yet work out who he comes in for.

Isn't that what halfback dasher is saying ? Or do they mean he won't be ready for the game against the Pies ?
Yeah, he mentioned something about not being ready, but other track watchers are confident Day will play Round 1.

I don't think he'll have the tank/conditioning to play Wing (my opinion, no mail), but I'm hopeful he plays Round 1.

Yeah, he mentioned something about not being ready, but other track watchers are confident Day will play Round 1.

I don't think he'll have the tank/conditioning to play Wing (my opinion, no mail), but I'm hopeful he plays Round 1.
When he came back midseason, the first game against Sydney without a tank they just put him as the spare man in front of Franklin. By game 3 against GWS he was running from the back flank and dominating

Pretty similar to mine (which I'm yet to finalise).

Gunston to replace Jeka in my line-up & Howe gets a gig in my 22 - just not sure who he replaces (Ward?). I think we need some extra defensive edge in the 22 & Howe is it, for mine.

Also want Nash in there, but again - can't yet work out who he comes in for.
Based on how gunners is not doing contact training yet I'm concerned that he is abit behind schedule. needs to play at least 2 practice matches can't just slot him in r1 with no games under his belt just my opinion 🤷

I got Scrimshaw on the bench and cj to rotate between wing/Def which leaves me with 8 defenders and I've chosen ward to play wing/outside mid role as I feel that we only have 1 outside mid in wingard, maybe O'Meara can on his day.

I don't have shiels or Howe because I feel that I need to compliment Mitch worps and O'Meara with someone who can receive from them, break away from the contest and hit a target up foward hence why I've chosen Chad and Ward to be those outside mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back