Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting time at selection. We get a read on the batting order with quite a few players:

1. Phillips v Frost. I am certain they will select Frost. I actually think we need to play both.

2. Huss v McKenzie. Depending on other team balance selections one might miss.

3. DAmbrosio- he has jumped straight into the 23? Does Harry get the nod over him?

4. The Wiz - is he so special that we find a spot for him. Perhaps a scenario is he or Moore is the sub and one comes off for the other.

5. Magginess a lock or do we prefer Huss or McKenzie as ball winners.

It is a good thing to have pressure and with our injury list it only gets harder when Day CJ and co are fit. Means Worps Nash and others who had good years last year need to maintain form or may find themselves out.

No Seamus in most people’s sides too - if he is in the side where is DAmbrosio?

Hustwaite is playing. I have no doubt at all. His pre season has been to impressive to not be rewarded. He also backed it up in both outings against the Dogs.
Wizard or Moore should he the sub in this one. They are both dangerous exciting players who play forward of centre and would make a real impact coming on with fresh legs.

Very interesting time at selection. We get a read on the batting order with quite a few players:

1. Phillips v Frost. I am certain they will select Frost. I actually think we need to play both.

3. DAmbrosio- he has jumped straight into the 23? Does Harry get the nod over him?

4. The Wiz - is he so special that we find a spot for him. Perhaps a scenario is he or Moore is the sub and one comes off for the other.

It is a good thing to have pressure and with our injury list it only gets harder when Day CJ and co are fit. Means Worps Nash and others who had good years last year need to maintain form or may find themselves out.

Seamus hasn’t had a run yet, so I can’t see him getting a guernsey .

Hustwaite is playing. I have no doubt at all. His pre season has been to impressive to not be rewarded. He also backed it up in both outings against the Dogs.
Wizard or Moore should he the sub in this one. They are both dangerous exciting players who play forward of centre and would make a real impact coming on with fresh legs.
I hope so too but somethings gotta give at selection.

Seamus hasn’t had a run yet, so I can’t see him getting a guernsey .
Hamstring awareness into a broken jaw means that his contact load in match simulation has been nearly non existent. Box hill play their last trial match this week which would give him an opportunity to get some match fitness

I’m going on Saturday with a good mate who is a * supporter. We’ve known each other for close on 30 years, but this is the first time we’ve gone to the footy together. Should be fun no matter what happens on the field.

I picked up a couple of GA tickets online — boy they make that difficult (Ticketek’s site is still stuck in 1997). What’s more disappointing though is the ticket I’ve added to the digital wallet. Only the scum logo, not ours as well.

Yes, I feel soiled.

Attachments

• IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 105

Last year I loved Seamus’ runs through the centre followed by accurate passes. He was exhilarating. What surprised me was how strong he was defensively. The way he out-bodied his opponent was Hardwick-esk. There is no doubt in my mind that once he is match fit, he will push his way into our team. 👍 for highlighting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back