Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're rolling out the 84 and 85 players pre game. Reminds me of when they did their Nazi rally few years back led by Sheedy. * i hate that club. Heard an interview this week with Peter Schwab on the Sacked podcast and interestingly he said despite being 4 goals up, a fair few of the players knew they were in deep strife 3/4 of the 84 GF. Also interesting to hear Alan Jeans hated Sheedy till the very end. Love it!

They're rolling out the 84 and 85 players pre game. Reminds me of when they did their Nazi rally few years back led by Sheedy. * i hate that club. Heard an interview this week with Peter Schwab on the Sacked podcast and interestingly he said despite being 4 goals up, a fair few of the players knew they were in deep strife 3/4 of the 84 GF. Also interesting to hear Alan Jeans hated Sheedy till the very end. Love it!
So many people hate Sheedy - have never heard anyone say a bad word about Jeans.

Sometimes all the hullabaloo overcooks the current players. They come out fired up but can soon deflate

I’ll actually feel a bit more positive if we do opt to bring in the experience of Morrison, Gunston and Moore into the Round 1 side.

I think Finn needs to play. We are not full strength in the middle without Day. Merrett is the type of player Finn is well suited to - he can outsize him and keep pace with him all day. Left alone Merrett could easily be the difference between the sides.
He stopped Merrett in the 1st half last time kept him to 8 at half time.
We were getting smashed in the 2nd half so the tag was taken off because there really isn't much point when half the team was running free anyway

Last edited:
The headline from the Hun was so triggering… cheats!

Can’t be at the game on Saturday - will watch it on the mobile whilst waiting for my kids to finish their own sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick trained in the backline.

Mitchell obviously saw the light and will play one of the premier small defenders in his best position. Is the experiment over before it even had a chance to get off the ground?
I think he will still play forward from time to time

Hardwick trained in the backline.

Mitchell obviously saw the light and will play one of the premier small defenders in his best position. Is the experiment over before it even had a chance to get off the ground?
I hope not. From what I have seen of Dimma live up fwd he’s a handful. Excellent one on one and a different fwd to the others.

I hope not. From what I have seen of Dimma live up fwd he’s a handful. Excellent one on one and a different fwd to the others.
Sam said today we’ll see him at both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back