Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like weve gone more mid sized and agile in defence . Put some accountability for a decent all ground defence/pressure.
Do this and we can expose their forwards coming out . Not much agility there for them

Also like we have given a few guys the chance to impress early . Dont , and your spot is in danger straight away . No easy games .

If we get quality decent ball in I can see either Bruest/Gin/Wiz having a real decent game . Looks a real weak area for * down back . Need Lewis/Chol to take a few and crash some packs.

Had his chance, was woeful in the praccys. I like Harry but he's not gonna play for as long as he's exploited defensively.
No, he didn't. Only played the first praccy and was rested for the second. If it's a choice based on performance then it's strange to rest him for the second game and not give him a chance to redeem himself.

Finn being picked means it's odds on he is going the hard tag on Merrett.

I don't see any other reason he is getting picked.

A little disappointed we didn't pick Phillips and are making Sicily our number 1 KPD again. I don't think that's fair to Sic and it hurts us in the long tèrm.

A little disappointed we didn't pick Phillips and are making Sicily our number 1 KPD again. I don't think that's fair to Sic and it hurts us in the long tèrm.

Might not be too much of an issue this game (hopefully) as Jones is 196cm, so isn't a monstrous sized KPF. If Draper was playing as well I'd be more concerned about the height differential.

Saw that you guys named Frost.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Then saw we named Heppell.

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

With Phillips you can only think he needs to learn the system first we are definitely light on with Height.
Not sure if Sic is selected as the #1. I would say Frost goes to 2mtr Peter (Big ask) and they are going to be relying on the system up the field and down back to intercept with Sicily and Weddle to come across.
Scirmshaw (194) has trained with the talls all preseason will get Jones (196)? or maybe Stringer.

Saw that you guys named Frost.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Then saw we named Heppell.

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

It takes a special player to get an entire board to melt before the season proper even starts.

Legend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the side and comfortable with Gunners as the sub. He's experienced enough to not let the nerves of sitting around all day get to him, has the flexibility to be used in multiple roles pending an injury sub and will likely be used when the pace has come out of the game a bit. How long we continue with that approach remains to be seen, but not a bad way to start the season provided we not 10 goals down when he comes on.
Personally I think the Bombers recruited well across the off-season, but I still don't rate them as a team, so I fully expect us to win this. I reckon they kinda took us and the rest of the comp by surprise last season w/ their new gameplan, so we should be much better prepared for them this time around.

Unless MacDonald is training to become a Jedi someone needs to cut that little platted rattail thing off.

I knew something was off about him when I saw he had several pairs of Nike TN's in that Tassie video. Private school kid playing as an Eshay, bruz.
Private school boy haha he is from the Dandenong area. Looks exactly like someone who lives out that way. Was actually briefly in a YouTube video a couple of years ago when a dude did a video of the Doveton/Dandenong area because of how notoriously rough it is. Was trying to get away from the camera but it was definitely him with a group of people. May have gone to a private school but he's an eshay at heart.

Private school boy haha he is from the Dandenong area. Looks exactly like someone who lives out that way. Was actually briefly in a YouTube video a couple of years ago when a dude did a video of the Doveton/Dandenong area because of how notoriously rough it is. Was trying to get away from the camera but it was definitely him with a group of people. May have gone to a private school but he's an eshay at heart.

Spanian would he proud, lad.

If he's an eshay at heart how did he attend a Grammar school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back