Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a last minute change of heart. I think we should bend this mob over. They were garbage last 4 rounds last year. Barely beat WCE and NM then scored a total of 61 points in their last 2 games. Beaten by 130 by the giants.

Yeah they picked a couple players up but imo they’re genuine bottom 4 territory and we should be eyeing this off. We are a miles better side than the one we fielded against them last year and if we can replicate any of our best games last year they will become our little play toy tomorrow. See you all there

A battle of wits for the ages.

But seriously, I think you are right. If we had a full back and frost was still getting a game this is the match up.
I reckon Frost is badass as a BP. we get into trouble when we try to play him on KPF.

As the sixth defender surrounded by Lake, Hodge, Burgoyne, Birchall and Gibson he would almost be competent.
I get as frustrated by Frost's brain fades/errors as anyone else, but the constant bagging of the bloke on here gets pretty tiresome. He's never going to be the most gifted player but he tries his guts out every game. I'll take that every day of the week over a bloke with all the skill in the world but no endeavour.

I get as frustrated by Frost's brain fades/errors as anyone else, but the constant bagging of the bloke on here gets pretty tiresome. He's never going to be the most gifted player but he tries his guts out every game. I'll take that every day of the week over a bloke with all the skill in the world but no endeavour.
Testify.

sad chris crocker GIF

Leave Frosty alone!

He's a strong fast defender, with some brain farts that cost goals.

If he can just stop the occasional 50 metre penalty, and stop trying close-in creative chips and handballs, he's a very valuable defensive asset.

I understand the occasional angst, but it's way out of proportion

I’m having a last minute change of heart. I think we should bend this mob over. They were garbage last 4 rounds last year. Barely beat WCE and NM then scored a total of 61 points in their last 2 games. Beaten by 130 by the giants.

Yeah they picked a couple players up but imo they’re genuine bottom 4 territory and we should be eyeing this off. We are a miles better side than the one we fielded against them last year and if we can replicate any of our best games last year they will become our little play toy tomorrow. See you all there
* are always cooked come the end of the year. They start like a house on fire then run out of steam halfway through the season.

I keep having recurring nightmares of last year's r1 result. Then I look at both teams, and the players that cut us up, are not there. Even Weideman was causing us headaches.

Feeling more confident this time around.

Time to get some beers in tonight, in ready for the war.
I told myself I wasn't going to drink tonight, but you know... YOLO?

* knows what we'll produce tomorrow.

Testify.

sad chris crocker GIF

Leave Frosty alone!

He's a strong fast defender, with some brain farts that cost goals.

If he can just stop the occasional 50 metre penalty, and stop trying close-in creative chips and handballs, he's a very valuable defensive asset.

I understand the occasional angst, but it's way out of proportion
I thought his first season for us was very solid. I would have agreed with what you said above.
It has been a slow decline since then however. He may have been injured last year, but he was poor.
Hopefully he has a good season but last week was not a great start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to make a joke about me thinking that you're right twice there, you just forgot to split the adjective either way is all. But that's a bit harsh.
Dude I'm 9x cans in - I can't decipher such cleverness!

I wish we had a player with all the skill in the world on our list to test your theory

Reckon we’ve got this one covered. better team selected and the better coach. Sammy to be the difference in this one.
* if you listened to Mitchell’s exclusive coach’s wrap of the pre season very hard to be confident.

I’ve been doing a lot of analysis ahead of this game and I’m very confident that the game will be decided by the scoreboard.

Get them on the scoreboard and we’ll win this.

Is that you Joel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back