Game Day Round 1, 2024 : West Coast v Port Adelaide - 1.00pm Sun 17/3 @ Adelaide Oval (A new era begins)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ bursts out of defence going like a bullet and often stuffs up the kick. Something to be considered is that having to make decisions on the fly was made harder the last couple of years, by the fact that we had nobody to kick to! Our mids were s**t and nobody worked hard enough to present!
Witho is tough and hard but is a walking f##kup.
Cole has been awful in preseason.
Gaff the great servant is nearly cooked.The pace of the game now makes it hard for him.
Duggan and Hunt have questionable disposal.
Barass is tough and terrific mark but a s**t kick and totally useless on his non preferred.
Our skills need a LOT of work.
But the rebuild has begun.
I believe Barnett needs AFL exposure sooner rather than later. Dewar looks classy.
Bring on the talent I say!!

Having watched the Giants v Roos game today, was thinking if we held up like they did I'd not be too disappointed. Kept it to around 30pts until midway through the last...but on re-evaluating - despite the Roos actually playing quite well, excellent debuts from their new picks (Duursma in particular) - if it wasn't for goal kicking accuracy discrepancies, the Giants probably should have won by more like 70-80. Now I'm...😨

Sesame Street No GIF by Muppet Wiki

Feel like we’ve waited forever for a game. Hope the boys give it a good crack. Didn’t get any favours from AFL house having Port away and then the Giants for first couple weeks….
We have a tough early draw but perhaps better to get these games out of the way as we have good kids returning later. A few easier wins would then be great for the spirit of the team.

JJ bursts out of defence going like a bullet and often stuffs up the kick. Something to be considered is that having to make decisions on the fly was made harder the last couple of years, by the fact that we had nobody to kick to! Our mids were s**t and nobody worked hard enough to present!
Witho is tough and hard but is a walking f##kup.
Cole has been awful in preseason.
Gaff the great servant is nearly cooked.The pace of the game now makes it hard for him.
Duggan and Hunt have questionable disposal.
Barass is tough and terrific mark but a s**t kick and totally useless on his non preferred.
Our skills need a LOT of work.
But the rebuild has begun.
I believe Barnett needs AFL exposure sooner rather than later. Dewar looks classy.
Bring on the talent I say!!

That sounds like a chick looking for the perfect man.

Dangerfield is a pretty crap kick at times.

Hary McKay has a questionable goal kicking history.

Many clubs thought Tork Miller was to slow.

Zorko was too short.

Most left footer cant kick on their opposite foot.

Stringer doesnt work on his fitness enough.

Some pretty bloody good footballers in that lot, all with deficencies of sorts.

I hate such loser talk, but I won’t be devastated to lose each quarter by 2-3 goals and go down by 10 goals.

I can’t believe it’s come to this.
There's loser talk and then there's the reality of a rebuild...different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expectations are low, excitement is high.

What I want to see today...

• The margin to be relatively respectable. I'd take anything under 10 goals.
  • Harley to get through unscathed and to enjoy his first game. Ignore the pressure and just play your style.
  • Brockman to snare a couple.
  • Ginbey to get above 20 touches.
  • Long to get his year off to a strong start, avoiding second year blues.
  • Gaff and Petch to silence the doubters.

I'd prefer it if we won by more than 10 goals, personally..

• Harley to get through unscathed and to enjoy his first game. Ignore the pressure and just play your style.

20+ & 3 is his 'normal' style. Should be a cakewalk.

Dozen possessions and a few goals. Easy 👍

In the first half.

Thankfully we're playing Port, so there'll be no 2nd year Carlton players in this game.

Untitled design (1).png

Bingo- that's exactly what I want. I'll be a little ambitious and say anything under 6 goals is decent. Also no injuries.

Re Harley. I would hope the Port brigade don't bully an 18 year old kid but we know they will. Harley seems up to the tough stuff from what I've seen but let's add our Roobs and Duggan to remonstrate with the pr$&s when they do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back