Prediction Round 1 vs GWS @ MCG 1:40pm, Saturday March 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

My preference order:

Live at the ground
Radio
Scores on the app
Stabbing myself in the eye for 3 hours
TV

It's very strange living in Perth but being a demons supporter my whole life. I've seen maybe 12-15 dees games live, and can only remember one win (vs the Dogs in 2004. What a sweet, sweet day). We never had foxtel, and WA only shows 4 games a weekend with 2 of those being the local teams, so for basically a large chunk of my childhood I was listening to the radio. From about 2010 onwards I was pretty good at finding streams and for the last couple of years I've had the AFL app chromecasted to my tv which isn't too bad (although I would love to have chromecast support for the app instead of just casting my entire phone).

aargh going camping at Easter, will miss round 1 crap s**t damn

on foxtel as well, not gonna get that on the camp kitchen telly...

In the same boat - well not camping but a holiday. It's annoying but would rather miss the start of the season than the end (possibly....:rainbow: )

My preference order:

Live at the ground
Radio
Scores on the app
Stabbing myself in the eye for 3 hours
TV
Is TV last because of Bruce, Dwayne and BT?

I get severe anxiety when I'm not at the game live. I still get a bit nervous at games but for some reason I don't sit there shitting myself like I do with radio/TV coverage.
My dads like that. Going to the game he's fine. In a strange way he feels that when he's there he can cheer and which somehow helps. But tv or radio he will avoid and watch another match if theres one on. Unfortunately foxtel doesn't let you relax as they keep the scores on the bottom right of the screen.

My dads like that. Going to the game he's fine. In a strange way he feels that when he's there he can cheer and which somehow helps. But tv or radio he will avoid and watch another match if theres one on. Unfortunately foxtel doesn't let you relax as they keep the scores on the bottom right of the screen.

I'm the same, wtf is up with that?

It gets even worse if we start winning. If I'm watching the game with anyone else around I can't stand them talking about anything (Including the game) because I just get so on edge, its pretty bad.

Me at the game - at peace or having fun, because suffering is mutual and i won't loose the plot in public but winning is happiness, generally there is one supporter that either yells out my frustration or makes a joke that makes it a bit better if we're loosing
Me watching TV - Gets angry and aggressive at everything, umpires, turnovers, luck, seeing loose players that the players can't see
Me listening to the radio - multitasking and keeping my fingers crossed if were in the game, but my reactions aren't as agressive as tv because i can't see so it's more accepting unless the commentators are sayings that's a crazy free kick

It gets even worse if we start winning. If I'm watching the game with anyone else around I can't stand them talking about anything (Including the game) because I just get so on edge, its pretty bad.
Lol. I've worked so hard at this over the last few years. It got to the point where I'd rather go to the games by myself (so I wouldn't embarrass me or others when I get a bit boisterous) so I'd end up saying no to mates who were supporting the team we were playing against. After some serious brain training, I have learned to keep my MSDS in check, with regular meetings. Last year was different though for the most part. I think something sorta changed. Walking into games I wasn't saying 'I'll be happy if we win the tackle count' anymore. It was as if we were a chance to win any (home) game if we turned up and had a crack. Footy was almost fun again. I do remember the MSDS creeping back up during the Saints game (at home) again though. And the hawks, well, that is one game we might as well not turn up for every year. We get nowhere near them.

I do rather recording the live interstate (or at etihad) games on tv and watch them after my wife goes to bed for some reason. Mostly it is to have the option to fast forward if we are terrible/getting pumped. Is that weird?

As a side plot to a good win I'm hoping for a Viney v Scully or a Bugg v Scully run with match up. It would be satisfying to see either of them give him a pantsing and a tough time. I'm pretty over the Scully ordeal but mainly because he hasn't been very good, so may it continue.

Dylan Shiel is the player I'd be most worried about though, expecting a big year from him.

Dylan Shiel is the player I'd be most worried about though, expecting a big year from him.

Agree 100% ... some of his early season games were sensational last year. Although still being young, he was susceptible to a few slump games, but the kid will be a star. I think he'll be one of the main targets for a hard tag ... him vs Viney may well bring down the Great Southern Stand.

I also don't have the intense hatred for Scully that I once had, but i will never forget, and will always find great pleasure in his persistent mediocrity. I actually just checked out his stats, his two years with us are still his best from a statistical point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate Scully anymore, he was a 20 year old kid who got offered millions, we all would have said yes. The campaigner at Geelong though, still can't stand him.
Also Scully didn't go on to set the world on fire like some would have thought. Mitch Clark taught us real betrayal though, i really can't recall a worse way of walking out

I don't hate Scully anymore, he was a 20 year old kid who got offered millions, we all would have said yes. The campaigner at Geelong though, still can't stand him.

I can't remember what it feels like to be 20, but I think I would have held out for tens of millions. You've got to have principles.

I
Lol. I've worked so hard at this over the last few years. It got to the point where I'd rather go to the games by myself (so I wouldn't embarrass me or others when I get a bit boisterous) so I'd end up saying no to mates who were supporting the team we were playing against. After some serious brain training, I have learned to keep my MSDS in check, with regular meetings. Last year was different though for the most part. I think something sorta changed. Walking into games I wasn't saying 'I'll be happy if we win the tackle count' anymore. It was as if we were a chance to win any (home) game if we turned up and had a crack. Footy was almost fun again. I do remember the MSDS creeping back up during the Saints game (at home) again though. And the hawks, well, that is one game we might as well not turn up for every year. We get nowhere near them.

I do rather recording the live interstate (or at etihad) games on tv and watch them after my wife goes to bed for some reason. Mostly it is to have the option to fast forward if we are terrible/getting pumped. Is that weird?
If you need an MFCSS release I generally go to 3-4 games a year on my own.

Unfortunately it will be QBD this year :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back