Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case scenario Scrim gets off

Sicily Lewis come back in and CJ a week later.

If I had my way I’d be dropping Worpel for Ward but that might be in a couple weeks.

Ins: Lewis, Sicily
Outs: Gunston, Serong?

Maginness was been quiet

If I had my way I’d be dropping Worpel for Ward but that might be in a couple weeks.

Maginness was been quiet
Ward does not yet have the strength or burst speed to play as inside mid. Even at VFL level he can be easily pushed off the ball. His time will come, but this year he will be playing on the outside when he gets AFL games.

I'm prepared to offer a glowing character reference 😜
Happy Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Addict'AIDE Information

Ward does not yet have the strength or burst speed to play as inside mid. Even at VFL level he can be easily pushed off the ball. His time will come, but this year he will be playing on the outside when he gets AFL games.
I’m not sure about strength. It’s a very broad statement. But you’re wrong with not having enough burst, that’s just a lack of knowledge.

He has to stay on the move around stoppages, he is similar body wise to Soligo but has more burst and speed so I can’t see why not.

He can rotate on the wing with Cam Mackenzie also.

outs: Scrim (susp), Gunston (managed)
in: Phillips/Cj, Chol

Gunston to back a backseat bandit and help coach from the boundary, Chol comes in and frees up Dear, Philips/Cj comes in for Scrim based on our fear of the size of their forward line.

Marshall, Dixon, Finlayson and Georgiades is a pretty lethal collection of KPFS- if we had Scrim I'd be less concerned, but Scrim out is massive.

I'm desperate to get Ward in as an inside mid, but Nuke, Nash and Worps are all playing well currently- I'd say Worpel looks in need of a rest if any.

I’d rather we drop Gunners than Dear if Chol or Lewis get up.
Didn’t get near it yesterday.
I understand your point of view, but I feel Dear could do with a confidence boost. Gunston for structure, Lewis and Chol for the win. I want to see much more of Dear this year, but I wouldn’t mind him having a week in the small league

sorry Dewy, but you are way off. Ward has neither the strength or the speed at this stage, was bullocked off the ball all day today, and had zero burst from the contest. Both Brown boys, certainly not considered "quick" by AFL standards, were speedier today. I have been watching him closely at AFL/VFL level the past six weeks, and they are not his strengths. He is a superb user with excellent aerobic capability, but absolutely nowhere near the level of a Worpel or a Nash at this stage. He is a liability in the middle at the moment, that is the reason Sam plays him in there very infrequently.
When they were matched up in the middle today in the second half, Zak Jones took him to the cleaners.

If Scrimshaw doesn't get off, I like the idea of CJ coming in, even though another week in the VFL would do him good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont' usually speculate as training will help decide, but strategically, I'd look to give Gunston and/or Dear the week off - we need to manage both their workloads this season.

Outs:
Scrimshaw (Suspended)
Dear/Gunston (week off, keep him fresh for as long as we can)

Ins:
Phillips
Ryan (Impey/Mitchell forward for defensive speed).

Phillips takes the deepest/slowest forward (Dixon), Weddle (Marshall), Frost (Finlayson), Serong (Georgiades).

Port will blitzkreig from HBF and wing. We need as much defensive pace as we can manage.

sorry, did you watch today's game?
Phillips was horrible. I think I am correct in saying that he has recorded a grand total of 2 tackles in his past FIVE full matches. He's fine when the ball is in the air, but about as effective as Ned Reeves when it isn't.
Defensive pace? I'd say Reeves is actually quicker.

It will be an incredibly tough one to win if we're without Scrimshaw and Sicily but I feel like there's some strong belief building within the group the past couple weeks.

An upset win away interstate against a potential top 4 side would really gain the group some respect.

It will be an incredibly tough one to win if we're without Scrimshaw and Sicily but I feel like there's some strong belief building within the group the past couple weeks.

An upset win away interstate against a potential top 4 side would really gain the group some respect.
Would turn the season on it's head.

I reckon we'll be right up for it.
8 day break too. We need it.

Maginness was been quiet
I dont mind Maginness quiet if who he is playing on is also quiet. JHF is up and about so hopefully we can Finn the Horne

This, his strength is really letting him down, it will come though.

sorry Dewy, but you are way off. Ward has neither the strength or the speed at this stage, was bullocked off the ball all day today, and had zero burst from the contest. Both Brown boys, certainly not considered "quick" by AFL standards, were speedier today. I have been watching him closely at AFL/VFL level the past six weeks, and they are not his strengths. He is a superb user with excellent aerobic capability, but absolutely nowhere near the level of a Worpel or a Nash at this stage. He is a liability in the middle at the moment, that is the reason Sam plays him in there very infrequently.
When they were matched up in the middle today in the second half, Zak Jones took him to the cleaners.

If Scrimshaw doesn't get off, I like the idea of CJ coming in, even though another week in the VFL would do him good.
If you think Ward has zero burst I think you’re just wrong. I think he lacks confidence which will come but physically you’re incorrect. It’s a strength.

Was pointed out earlier, it’s not a physical issue it’s an above the shoulders which is why I mentioned for it to happen in a couple weeks.

But i wanna see Ethan Phillips

I dont mind Maginness quiet if who he is playing on is also quiet. JHF is up and about so hopefully we can Finn the Horne
Just think with Finn he didn’t take anyone last week and him being quiet too makes it poor

Just finished the VFL replay.

I doubt it would happen but I'd call up Ryan being a South Australian and all.

Defensively he is solid. Hope he gets a debut this year and perfect game for it if Scrimma is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back