Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is very much worlds colliding and I’m here for it.

View attachment 1990548

One of the greatest teams ever. Squint and look hard to the very rear and you'll see one Laurie Daly......
Oh My Love GIF by WWE

I moved to the ACT in 87' and lived there till 90', in absolute prime position to see one of the most exciting Rugby League players I've laid eyes on go nova in a manner that sold the game to me. Change of speed and direction gobsmacking to go along with being over 90kg and immensely powerful and brave.
Wayne Carey of the NRL for me. Just did the beautiful parts of that game in a way that made the heart beat faster.

One of the greatest teams ever. Squint and look hard to the very rear and you'll see one Laurie Daly......
Oh My Love GIF by WWE

I moved to the ACT in 87' and lived there till 90', in absolute prime position to see one of the most exciting Rugby League players I've laid eyes on go nova in a manner that sold the game to me. Change of speed and direction gobsmacking to go along with being over 90kg and immensely powerful and brave.
Wayne Carey of the NRL for me. Just did the beautiful parts of that game in a way that made the heart beat faster.

Fairly sure that Daley played against Carey in junior footy as Laurie was a fairly handy Aussie Rules player as well. Seem to recall when Super League wasn't allowed to go ahead in 1996 he was agitating that he might cross codes and join an AFL team.

And we may have crossed paths a few times at Seifert Oval or Bruce Stadium back in the day. I have very happy memories of watching that same side!

CJ, Phillips and Chol expected into the side
Gunston and Scrim are out but who will be our third omission?

Finn might be the one of there isn't a match up. He was okay last week but you'd probably want for score involvements as a defensive forward.

Whoever it be will be unlucky.

Also, would be disappointed to see Mass get the best, he's been one of our most consistent this year and his kicking is a massive weapon for us.

- Last week we conceded 51 inside 50s and only gave up 53 points with no J.Sicily let that sink in.

Great selection the stability is growing down back, obviously Scirmshaw is a huge loss this week. But overall Frost, Scrimshaw, Weddle, are all having good seasons. Serong has featured. Phillips is coming in to debut and we still have DGB to be used at either end. The smalls Impey is a standout, Mitchell and D'Ambrosio are used. Hardwick is your Mr fix it cool reliable head.

The next evolution for the side is the forward line having two focal points on the ground each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No risk policy?

They changed a policy in 2 weeks?

Having had more than my share of Hamstring injuries, if he’s not able to fully train this week he shouldn’t play next week either. Nothing compares to the real thing with the combo of fatigue and intensity.

He’s so reliant on power and speed, so surely they just give it time? Can’t trust a word he says about it either, he wants to play.

Rozee is a big out for them. Probably doesn’t offset Sic, Scrim and Lewis missing for us though.

Finn needs to tag Houston and Nash to go head to head with Butters.

ROUND 10 TEAM
Yartapuulti v Hawthorn
Sunday 19 May
Adelaide Oval, 3.20pm (AEST)/2.50pm (ACST)

B:
Jarman Impey, Sam Frost, Josh Weddle
HB: Karl Amon, Ethan Phillips, Jai Serong
C: Seamus Mitchell, Conor Nash, Blake Hardwick
HF: Will Day, Connor Macdonald, Nick Watson
F: Jack Ginnivan, Luke Breust, Mabior Chol
R: Lloyd Meek, Jai Newcombe, Dylan Moore

INT: Cam Mackenzie, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Changkuoth Jiath, James Worpel, Calsher Dear

EMER: Finn Maginness, Bailey Macdonald, Max Ramsden

In: Changkuoth Jiath, Ethan Phillips, Mabior Chol
Out: Jack Scrimshaw (suspension), Jack Gunston (managed), Finn Maginness (omitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back