Preview Round 10 Changes v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson looked great the first 2 games but has steadily declined since, being the number one ruck isn’t good for his game overall. Agree on Treacy actually looking better when he gets up the ground more, but he could do that with Darcy/Reidy as the main ruck, I’d be tempted to give Jackson a full game in the forward line to try and get his touch back, dude looks spent and his timing is way off.
Jackson's really still finding his way in the game, particularly the ruck craft aspect of it. Can take a while to bed that down even for the most prodigious of them.

Taking the majority of ruck contests is fine as that what the team needs. I reckon he should take the pressure off himself to win the ruck contests in the air though and instead look just to disrupt the other ruck and focus on winning it when it hits the ground.

No changes required just need to open the game up & hold our structure to many times the whole team was in a 1/4 of the field. Amiss needs to stay in the goal square and lead. Pressure the kick-in don't let them have the short kick into the pocket force them to kick long to a contest.

No changes required just need to open the game up & hold our structure to many times the whole team was in a 1/4 of the field. Amiss needs to stay in the goal square and lead. Pressure the kick-in don't let them have the short kick into the pocket force them to kick long to a contest.
Funny you mention that, I've long thought since the removal of the requirement to kick to yourself allowing the kick to the pocket, as long as you can stop a quick kick following, is a good option.

There's an AFL.com.au article today exploring the tactics at a slightly more detailed level than usual.
Obviously teams aren't gonna give away their tactics for certain modes, but with enough games through the year it becomes clearer anyways.

Mission impossible? The art and science of kick-ins - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1130107

Whichever tall forward is on Howard, please lead all day. He can't run!
And FFS man up Battle and Wilkie.
If it's Voss I think that'll work ok, a reasonable balance.
Not sure if his running capabilities are huge either, but it'd be ok.

It gets more interesting if Darcy is back in.

Where does NWM play, is it pure wing or a mix with HBF as well? If it’s the latter, Emmett could go a few bone crunches early to make him think twice about dancing around our players.
Should be Emmett, and doing the Jordan role from the weekend should be Emmett's best way to stay in the team really

Would he have the pace though?
Wrestle Montreal Canadiens GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson looked great the first 2 games but has steadily declined since, being the number one ruck isn’t good for his game overall. Agree on Treacy actually looking better when he gets up the ground more, but he could do that with Darcy/Reidy as the main ruck, I’d be tempted to give Jackson a full game in the forward line to try and get his touch back, dude looks spent and his timing is way off.

I agree Jackson isn’t great as first ruck, but it gets him in the game where he plays pretty much as another midfielder

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where does NWM play, is it pure wing or a mix with HBF as well? If it’s the latter, Emmett could go a few bone crunches early to make him think twice about dancing around our players.
NWM is predominantly HBF, along with Sinclair at the moment as it looks likes he's been pushed out of the middle again.

Wings tend to be Hill, Henry and Wood, although it appears they've rolled a few options between HFF and wing at times.
Darcy Wilson on the HFF has looked quite good from the limited amount I've seen.

NWM is predominantly HBF, along with Sinclair at the moment as it looks likes he's been pushed out of the middle again.

Wings tend to be Hill, Henry and Wood, although it appears they've rolled a few options between HFF and wing at times.
Darcy Wilson on the HFF has looked quite good from the limited amount I've seen.
They highlighted lack of two way running from NWM on Footy Classified last night.

Both Jackson and Treacy best games have been when they have spent some time in the ruck. Also having 3 tall forwards doesn’t mean you have them all down there at the same time. With Darcy (or Reidy) it means 2 are down forward, one is on the bench and one is rucking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not a fan of Treacy as a back up ruck and then competing in the 50. JL burning him out. Prefer to stick JOM in the ruck. Hopefully burns him out and he can be “managed”

Wonder if Sturt will be looked at this week despite no Peel last week
Thought it was interesting in the injury update that it was said of Sturt that all is going well for him to be available for selection this week.

Given that he made the point later that there's no Wafl this week when discussing others.

I think Merriman has just said that he's likely to play this weekend??

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I suspect the club isn’t fully transparent with Darcy’s injuries ever since signing him long term. Instead of listing him as like a 1-3 weeks or whatever they just put him as a test every week to make it look not as bad.

He was never playing on Friday, and I don’t have any intel but I suspect the same for this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back