Game Day Round 10 - Geelong @ Darwin - 16th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

So the question we must ponder.Is Ben Long a small forward??And can he do what Junkyard Dog does but add in goals as well??

It looks like Moyle could be heading to Darwin. I can't see him in VFL game. Budarick not playing too?

Get the feeling we will see a fair few rested.
Witts > Moyle
Day > walter
Swallow> holman
Fiorini > clohesy
Humphrey > Davies.
Maybe even Rowell as he looks like he could benefit from a spell but good luck telling him.

Disappointing that the schedule could see us resort to this but it is a tough ask

Witts > Moyle
Day > walter
Swallow> holman
Fiorini > clohesy
Humphrey > Davies.
Maybe even Rowell as he looks like he could benefit from a spell but good luck telling him.

Disappointing that the schedule could see us resort to this but it is a tough ask

Humphrey isn’t replacing Davies

Witts > Moyle
Day > walter
Swallow> holman
Fiorini > clohesy
Humphrey > Davies.

They’re not the guys I’d be replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Alex Rigby is probably Head Selector for the Darwin Matches
4 quarters out of Humphrey and Davies over the 2 games maybe?
Wittsy could play against Geelong but then I'd play Moyle the following week -or maybe have Ned as the sub Thursday
I think these 2 games selection process will owe as much to sports science as it will to form and team shape

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the team spending the week in Darwin or flying back to QLD?
Generally they stay in Darwin for this two weeks stretch. Do some schools and stuff in the community.
No point going back to QLD and then back to NT again in a couple days.

Is the team spending the week in Darwin or flying back to QLD?
They generally do the meet and greets out through the Tiwis and local schools.Spread the good word.Hopefully not too much actual training between now and Thursday unless it's a bit of ball work at at 8pm at night to get more feel for conditions

So we’re again in the position we were in 2 and 4 weeks ago. One game up in the W column, in a game that is not unwinnable, coming off a pretty easy win.
Is this finally the time we show up? Or just deja vu? I’m not confident at all.

Assume most, if not all of the kids will come out for fresh legs, rather than changes based on performance. It’ll be a war of attrition.
Walter - Day
Rogers - Swallow
Clohesy? (Covered the most ground of out everyone)/Johnston - Fiorini
Humphrey and Davies swap

So we’re again in the position we were in 2 and 4 weeks ago. One game up in the W column, in a game that is not unwinnable, coming off a pretty easy win.

Assume most, if not all of the kids will come out for fresh legs, rather than changes based on performance. It’ll be a war of attrition.
Walter - Day
Rogers - Swallow
Clohesy? (Covered the most ground of out everyone)/Johnston - Fiorini
Humphrey and Davies swap
Dimma already said in presser that Johnston will get another opportunity on Thu and yes both Swallow and Fiorini should be in.

Last edited:
Although the game was done by the last quarter against the roos Humphrey showed that the sub could be really important in the taxing conditions. An onballer who can come on with fresh legs could be the difference between a win or loss. Maybe Rogers could be sub this week rather than rested completely, or Davies if they want to manage his minutes.

Throw the kitchen sink at this one, will never get a better chance to beat a top 4 team without their 2 key forwards and captain, in conditions completely foreign to them.

Could be in the 8, or at least put a gap between us and those below us at the end of the rd. Rest/rotate players for carlton in melbourne the week after and then come back at essendon at home with the confidence that we can beat the best sides. It's our time, we need to believe it.

On footy furnace last night they went through the recent history of teams coming off 5 days break

dd2d5b95902abf9c56835ee4d9fa09ef.jpg

b3a53119bfefba86f4f6b0ac8cdae9c3.jpg

4ddc75eba9956ab9688e746fca7be2ad.jpg

de1a78ce4fb9773a7603128973956080.jpg

If we keep putting ourselves in this position then you'd have to think one is going to eventually fall our way. Why can't it be this game? We've done a really good job of comfortably beating teams below us on the ladder but we're still waiting for a top 8 scalp for the belief to really set in. A win in this one would get us to 6 Ws for the season and we've still got another 4 games against bottom 5 opposition this season. That leaves 9 more games against teams around us on the ladder... I'm sure you can follow we're I'm heading with this thought. This game could seriously set us up for a genuine crack at it.

13 is the magic number for anyone that's wondering.

If we keep putting ourselves in this position then you'd have to think one is going to eventually fall our way. Why can't it be this game? We've done a really good job of comfortably beating teams below us on the ladder but we're still waiting for a top 8 scalp for the belief to really set in. A win in this one would get us to 6 Ws for the season and we've still got another 4 games against bottom 5 opposition this season. That leaves 9 more games against teams around us on the ladder... I'm sure you can follow we're I'm heading with this thought. This game could seriously set us up for a genuine crack at it.

13 is the magic number for anyone that's wondering.

13 wins has only been required twice in the last decade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Geelong probably having rohan and jack henry as their main targets could we look at lemmens for ballard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back