Trades Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone doing for their ruck come Round 13 when we get hit with no Gawn or Stef? Just riding it through?
At this point, Lycett & 20 others playing for my top 18 scores.
Shame Grundy has the same bye as Gawn (and Martin)

I've caved to pressure
Kelly > Macrae
Banfield (DPP) > T.Smith

885k is a lot to spend, but I feel like if Macrae keeps this form up it's going to be the haves (going up in the ranks) and the have nots.

Leaves me with 7k, but next week will go A.Pearce > cheap rook and Petracca > Rocky which will be pretty cheap.

Couple of options this week

Finlayson -> Ridley
Doedee -> Crisp
88k left

Finlayson -> Ridley
Doedee -> Yeo
10k left

Ideally want 100k or so for Rocky next week so it’s up to whether I want to risk Crisp over Yeo.

Walters and Rocky in for peanuts in the next 2 weeks, should be able to stock plenty of cash only spending 100k on each of those.

Last edited:

Tim Smith looked good against the blues but boy did Melbourne absolutely trounce them. Worried in a tighter game that he will only score 40/50. Although I guess if he is on the bench making money that he is still doing his job.

Did anyone see the bombers game and can fill me in on Ridley? Everyone seems to be jumping on him but I worry he is a place holder until Hurley returns

Monday and I think I'll reverse my trades already.
Originally
Andrew Brayshaw to Sicily (+35pts)
&
T.Kelly to Dangerfield (+30ish)

If I get Angus Brayshaw for his brother (+22) instead of Sicily,
I can then go
Lycett to Grundy ( +50, from 70pts to 120pts)

The + is based on averages, I suspect Grundy, under the Etihad roof will destroy the bulldogs so I might favour the second trade.
Sicily likely go 100+ against WCE anyway.

Any thoughts?

Still not sure what to do here....

Not sure whether to keep generating cash and hold til the byes, or to start upgrading. I haven't quite got my logic worked out yet....
Keep any that are going to go up between now and the byes (Ronke, Phillips, Ridley etc)
With 3 trades a week, being able to dump some rookie cash will help, rather than ditching a 230k L.Murphy to a 170k er and it not really helping.
Break even over the next few weeks is important. The first 3 I mentioned could net 100k each over 3 games.
I have started to offload the maxed out rookies (Brayshaw & Kelly so far this week) Coffield & Finlayson are now only required on the bench but they're next.

Monday and I think I'll reverse my trades already.
Originally
Andrew Brayshaw to Sicily (+35pts)
&
T.Kelly to Dangerfield (+30ish)

If I get Angus Brayshaw for his brother (+22) instead of Sicily,
I can then go
Lycett to Grundy ( +50, from 70pts to 120pts)

The + is based on averages, I suspect Grundy, under the Etihad roof will destroy the bulldogs so I might favour the second trade.
Sicily likely go 100+ against WCE anyway.

Any thoughts?
I think Angus Brayshaw is a good move personally. It's one I made a few weeks ago and am a happy camper. He is finally getting some consistency in his game. Helmet must be doing him wonders. I also think he was initially playing off a back flank to begin with in his first few games and he scores poorer in that position than he does when playing in the middle like he is now. So technically his average is probably even skewed a little lower than it should be. Although Sicily has the ripper bye

Reversed my trades this morning. Will carry Bonner an extra week as he won't lose value and trade Finlayson > Ridley instead.

2nd trade is Billings > McLean (should tonne up against the pies)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Angus Brayshaw is a good move personally. It's one I made a few weeks ago and am a happy camper. He is finally getting some consistency in his game. Helmet must be doing him wonders. I also think he was initially playing off a back flank to begin with in his first few games and he scores poorer in that position than he does when playing in the middle like he is now. So technically his average is probably even skewed a little lower than it should be. Although Sicily has the ripper bye
Has a good break even (Brayshaw) so unlikely to lose money. If he fails, then that can be tidied up soon enough. He's unlikely to be a keeper so not sure if I'll get him. Bringing him in means Lycett to Grundy and I really like his scoring prospects against the Bulldogs.
Initial trade might net 2 keepers though, if Dangerfield gets fwd status.

Has a good break even (Brayshaw) so unlikely to lose money. If he fails, then that can be tidied up soon enough. He's unlikely to be a keeper so not sure if I'll get him. Bringing him in means Lycett to Grundy and I really like his scoring prospects against the Bulldogs.
Initial trade might net 2 keepers though, if Dangerfield gets fwd status.
I think if he keeps playing midfield in a high scoring demons outfit then there's no reason he won't be right up there with the top defenders come seasons end. Has averaged 98 since he was moved into midfield full time

I think if he keeps playing midfield in a high scoring demons outfit then there's no reason he won't be right up there with the top defenders come seasons end. Has averaged 98 since he was moved into midfield full time
Scharenberg also finding some form, priced around the same 520k mark

But I absolutely agree, no reason he can't average 90+ for the rest of the season. Meaning he is priced roughly 100k under what he can produce

If anyone is looking for a POD premium defender to see you all through the bye's DBJ from Port has gone 95, 88, 89, 104, 106 in his last 5.
It's got Jasper Pittard Syndrome written all over it! that *er was flying into the byes last year and then went the major league stink up under the weight of expectation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back