Trades Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I'll go Billings to McLean this week as I need more R12 players.

Then one of L Fogarty/Brayshaw/Higgins to Rocky next week.

currently gone Telly > Clarke, Finlayson > YoYo,(might change) gives me enough moolah for a double upgrade next week, looking at Rocky and Ol' Man Simmo for Murray and Waterman. Then raise a bit of cash for the last 3 upgrades over the byes. I feel like I'm 2-3 weeks behind everyone else though, guess that's brought around by being my 1st year (stupid trades) plus a bit of early carnage (Mrouch, Libba, Ryder) and starting Billings, hovering around 7.5k in rankings

currently gone Telly > Clarke, Finlayson > YoYo,(might change) gives me enough moolah for a double upgrade next week, looking at Rocky and Ol' Man Simmo for Murray and Waterman. Then raise a bit of cash for the last 3 upgrades over the byes. I feel like I'm 2-3 weeks behind everyone else though, guess that's brought around by being my 1st year (stupid trades) plus a bit of early carnage (Mrouch, Libba, Ryder) and starting Billings, hovering around 7.5k in rankings
Decent first year.
Keep it up :thumbsu:

Someone talk me out of this!
Have 1k in the bank, so not much room to move this week.

I'm thinking:
T.Kelly -> McKernan :huh::huh::eek::eek::drunk::drunk::cool::cool:
Murray -> Angus Brayshaw :cool::cool:

McKernan without Daniher is doing great, and I think it's worth punting on Daniher being out/under-done for at least the next month. And can reassess after 3 games at the Essendon bye (r13).
I don't trust any of the main new rookies on the block - I have Phillips but don't trust Ridley (JS) / Smith (JS) / Clarke (scoring) as yet, and can afford another week of waiting on them I reckon.

Hear me out!

McKernan has:
-cheap price
-low BE
-good form (including scoring well in a loss and a win)
-good role security for short-term
-huge month for the club so should be going hard at it for the chance to keep his spot up to the bye - underdone GWS, Dreamtime game, Brisbane then bye.
-has DPP for flexibility if something happens to Gawn/Jacobs in next month

However has relied on 6 goals in 2 games, has no history of scoring well, even when he has been solo ruckman. He plays for Essendon which is a big worry.

At worst he scores around 70 per week (i.e. similar to Kelly) and goes up to around 490-500k in 3 weeks, whilst Telly flattens out in price.

Then down/up next week to get the best of the rookies available + Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Yeo finished the game strong he did come off with a knee complaint early and was limping visibly after the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a week or two. Just so you can have a back up plan in place.

While Yeo finished the game strong he did come off with a knee complaint early and was limping visibly after the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a week or two. Just so you can have a back up plan in place.
yeah, correct. Simmo is the backup

Can't justify getting Macrae yet. I'm going to go ahead and bury my head in the sand and choose to believe he's not worth getting until the rest of my team is finished.

May Macrae have mercy on me.....

There are a lot of falling premos bottoming out soon though which will be very tempting:
Martin/Hall/Rocky/Simpson/Walters/Adams/Danger.

Yes they all come with their risks/flaws but at rock bottom how much are you really risking? When the $/points number starts looking good I say all aboard!

I'll be going this route instead of the Macrae/Treloar/Curnow types (at least for the moment).

I'm aiming to have 0 rookies left in my starting 22 leading into round ~ 13. If I get Macrae now I can't make that happen.

I'm thinking:

McKernan without Daniher is doing great, and I think it's worth punting on Daniher being out/under-done for at least the next month. And can reassess after 3 games at the Essendon bye (r13).
I don't trust any of the main new rookies on the block - I have Phillips but don't trust Ridley (JS) / Smith (JS) / Clarke (scoring) as yet, and can afford another week of waiting on them I reckon.

Hear me out!

McKernan has:
-cheap price
-low BE
-huge month for the club so should be going hard at it for the chance to keep his spot up to the bye - underdone GWS, Dreamtime game, Brisbane then bye.

However has relied on 6 goals in 2 games, has no history of scoring well, even when he has been solo ruckman. He plays for Essendon which is a big worry.

At worst he scores around 70 per week (i.e. similar to Kelly) and goes up to around 490-500k in 3 weeks, whilst Telly flattens out in price.

You are as mad as a cut snake! Why not go for the gamble! To me they seem to me as trading 2 people out for 2 players you will have to trade out at some stage unless they are keepers?

You are as mad as a cut snake! Why not go for the gamble! To me they seem to me as trading 2 people out for 2 players you will have to trade out at some stage unless they are keepers?

Brayshaw could be keeper from here.
McKernan will be 99.9% trade out, but likely once newer rookies (Phillips/Spargo/Murphy) have maxed out in around a month's time. As noted by Sloane4brownlow I want to get as close to a full complement of premo/underpriced premo during the byes (currently 17, hoping one per week added on average, to taking me to 22 by round 14 or so). Then can upgrade to the Treloar/Curnow/Franklin types after that.

Brayshaw could be keeper from here.
McKernan will be 99.9% trade out, but likely once newer rookies (Phillips/Spargo/Murphy) have maxed out in around a month's time. As noted by Sloane4brownlow I want to get as close to a full complement of premo/underpriced premo during the byes (currently 17, hoping one per week added on average, to taking me to 22 by round 14 or so). Then can upgrade to the Treloar/Curnow/Franklin types after that.
Brayshaw is a good shout and has every chance of being a keeper - probably mildly unlikely but shouldn't be far off the top 6 defenders at his current pace

Good news for Curnow owners, Murphy is injured again

I'm thinking:

Hear me out!

McKernan has:
-cheap price
-low BE

You crazy motherf****r. That's ballsy. That is all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back