Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris99

All Australian
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Curtis Taylor, can swing luko forward and put him on field over McPherson or get draper in for ruck cover incase Grundy is out this week.
Actually, I can bring in Watson and have ruc cover if I trade Hamill over Curtis Taylor (he will lose approx 30 K though I think if he scores 30 again. Is this worth it to cover Grundy maybe being out? (Jumping at shadows?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Ok, some random thoughts.

I could go:

Rivers - Watson
Hamill - McKay
Docherty - Blakely
McInerney - Bell
King - Bell
Viney - Serong (this is the big value one here)

As means of generating cash for upgrades.

Although - I've just worked out, I would need to do either McPherson or Day - Watson, as well as Viney to Serong - in order to get Ladhams to Grundy.....

powerrrrrrrrrrrr

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Green to Woodcock
Smith to Watson
Ash to Blakey

Assuming knowone is rested or any surprise selections, I should have 29/30 players playing (including bye scores)

only one not selected will be Tyler Brown

Crashy

Premiership Player
Dec 31, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Thinking C.Taylor to Bell
Corr to Stewart

Only have 34k left for the third trade
-------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know Simpsons b/e?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DynamiteDons

Mamba Mentality
Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Liverpool, OKC
Just curious to know how many are just trying to get rookies off field as quickly as you can? Or is it just trying to balance out the team.

I can do trades that makes me down to 2 on field. But not sure if that’s the right move

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Sheed to Neale vs Anderson to Duncan...

Not sure I can deal with another week of Neale dominating. On the other hand if I have any intention of 'finishing' my team this year, upgrading a rookie is probably the right move.

davosowl

Debutant
Sep 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Right up till this arvo, I'd had a basic plan to ditch a bunch of stunted bench rooks, in order to get one less rookie in defence and some fresh cash cows. Something like this:

Option A:
Mcasey - Z Bailey
Budarick - T Watson
Hamill - Woodcock (or anyone $190k and under)

But after tonight's games I'm finding it real hard to ignore Serong and Whitfield any longer. My gut/drunk reaction is to go:

Option B:
Simpkin - Whitfield
Anderson - Serong
Budarick - T Watson

Is this the round of sideways trades (option B)? Or should I stick with the standard practice of just getting rooks off field first (option A)?

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
True, but so will Stewart
But Williams has bye after next week

Just curious to know how many are just trying to get rookies off field as quickly as you can? Or is it just trying to balance out the team.

I can do trades that makes me down to 2 on field. But not sure if that’s the right move
That's my plan.
Got 16 keepers + Lambert + Matt Kennedy.
Should add net 1 premium each of the next 2-3 weeks.

Having said that I'm going without some of the best premos unfortunately: Lloyd, Neale, Grundy.

Neale v Macrae and 96k?
Really tough! Watch Macrae a week with Dunks back? Consistent captaincy option in Neale. Don't think Richmond will tag him.

DynamiteDons

Mamba Mentality
Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Liverpool, OKC
Reckon it's too early to cash out Izak Rankine? Gives me the exact coin I need to bring in Duncan and Stewart.
I was just thinking the exact same but for my trades for the following week, for me id put the cash on top of Pit. So yeah i think if it gets you to an upgrade or rookie off field i think it is worth it.

davosowl

Debutant
Sep 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Query about rookies, how is Woodcocks/Drapers job security?

Any other notable rookies likely to play?
I'd guess Draper has better JS, he has a chance to make that ruck spot his own. He looked lively on Friday night, and it sounds like Essendon board are big on him.

Woodcock seems more like a placeholder for injured/rested players.

Of course if any Dons or Port fans have a different take, I'd defer to them.

Top Bottom