Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win last night plus a win against Collingwood would've put crows within 2 points.
I initially thought a draw with the essendon pies draw kept both in it but its actually screwed both Adelaide and Brisbane.
Nothing to play for now and we should roll over the top.of them comfortably.
Give all the depth players from yesterday another shot
Degooey Elliot and Mcreery can come in for the injured players. Otherwise no change

Nothing to play for?

What?

It's Round 9 mate lol

Fly said he'd get an update on Jamie but it didn't seem like weeks from his demeanour.

Carmichael was injured was he not?

Hate to rob our VFL team but I'd nearly look at Dean as an in to handle the Crows talls. And apart from that, we'd just have to replace Harvey Harrison and Bytel with Ash Johnson and Shultz. It's not like-for-like but at least we'd still have a team with AFL experience.

Ash - FF (to cover Howe)
Schultz - HFF
Richards - FP
Hill - FP
Reef - HF
Macrae - HFF

Dean - Interchange with Moore/Frampton

...and then of course we wait to get back:-
  • DeGoey
  • Elliot
  • Mitchell (less urgent)
  • Mihocek
  • McCreery
  • McStay (no pressure mate! :D)

So a bloke who has played 1.5 career games has surpassed Titch, who has likely been hampered by injury this season? OK.
Not writing Titch off yet he’s definitely getting back into the team, but our midfield has looked at its best this season without him and Sullivan is better suited as a pressure forward than him.

Since 2/3 of Sullivan's sample size comes in the form of a West Coast shellacking, I wouldn't be reading too much into the numbers.
yep, hence: "if he can sustain it"

Though his key stats were actually better v Carlton (only a half, I know).

I thought it noteworthy being trusted with so many CBAs both games (similar # to Adams) even if it is due to injuries.

Geez, that would be horrific for him. The vibe from fly didn't sound that great. And given his back injuries over the years, its concerning.

We'll see tomorrow.
I’m almost certain that the heavy landing from hanger he took did something to his previous back issue. Would be an awful development if it’s become that serious again.

yep, hence: "if he can sustain it"

Though his key stats were actually better v Carlton (only a half, I know).

I thought it noteworthy being trusted with so many CBAs both games (similar # to Adams) even if it is due to injuries.
I think old mate didn't see how clean he was with ball in hand or how good his awareness was. I think he also missed how well he knew the game plan, not to mention his decision making but hey, it's just WC apparently

I know, but we need a big body and there's noone left. He deserves one last chance as he has been on our list for 3 years.
It’s a yes from me - BUT he needs to curtail his addiction to recklessly fly for every marking contest ( which risks friendly fire) and be more predictable to his team mates.
If he can control this aspect of his game his size, aggression, and mobility at ground level become a huge advantage.

Mitchell likely has a "hot spot" in his foot. They can be tricky to manage.

If it wasn't for the 3 forced outs I wouldn't be rushing him back but the cupboard is getting bare so if he completes the main training session he's every chance to return.

Perhaps we will ease him back via the sub position.

Fly said he'd get an update on Jamie but it didn't seem like weeks from his demeanour.

Carmichael was injured was he not?

Hate to rob our VFL team but I'd nearly look at Dean as an in to handle the Crows talls. And apart from that, we'd just have to replace Harvey Harrison and Bytel with Ash Johnson and Shultz. It's not like-for-like but at least we'd still have a team with AFL experience.

Ash - FF (to cover Howe)
Schultz - HFF
Richards - FP
Hill - FP
Reef - HF
Macrae - HFF

Dean - Interchange with Moore/Frampton

...and then of course we wait to get back:-
  • DeGoey
  • Elliot
  • Mitchell (less urgent)
  • Mihocek
  • McCreery
  • McStay (no pressure mate! :D)
Sorry the way i took in flys comments on Elliot was that it was worse than feared and it will need a proper update/statement. I’m expecting a long lay off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry the way i took in flys comments on Elliot was that it was worse than feared and it will need a proper update/statement. I’m expecting a long lay off.
I agree, it sounded worse than what was meant to be originally short term. "We'll put out an update" when referring to Jamie, is generally not good news when putting it like that

Rankine is a top 5 player in league at the moment. Be interesting how we try to curtail him given his increased midfield minutes and CBA’s

He'd be very stiff but he did fade out after half time in a big way.

Our ball movement slowed down exponentially, we were trying to avoid further injuries and take time off the clock. Not easy for a player his size, playing in his position, under those circumstances.

Losing De Goey and Mitchell was of course a big blow, but our midfield has looked far better without them. Both Crisp and Nick are dominating with the extra midfield minutes.

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle this for the rest of the year and what we settle on as our best mix. No suggestion that De Goey won't be there, but maybe we consider some forward minutes for him. Mitchell I'm not so sure about. To me, Nick and Crisp are our highest impact mids as they're able to cleanly exit clearances.

I'm in the very concerned group regarding Elliott

If it's a re occurrence of past issues that's career over

And my God his been great last few years..

Imo one of the Collingwood greats and we probs only seen him at 75% of what he could of been

The thought of an end to Jamie Elliott's career is gut wrenching to me. I will be devastated if he is again suffering from the same complaint that required surgery 8 years ago - it would a tragedy of huge proportions for him, for our team, for the club, and for the tens of thousands of supporters who adore him. I am so nervous about the announcement regarding his health tomorrow, and I am praying (though I am an atheist, I will make an exception for Jamie) that he will be OK to keep playing through this year. He is 31 years old, and he hasn't got all that many years left. It would be just devastating if we are to be denied witnessing everything he has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back