Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the comment earlier about Richards fading, and I guess the same could be said about the team's effort collectively as we had the game under control.

But having just had a look at the Telstra Tracker and it would appear he very much tipped in, so I guess it's fair enough if he did gas himself. Think players coming into their 2nd and 3rd game can start just playing the system rather than smashing themselves to try and prove themselves. Sullivan's numbers were through the roof in his 2.5 quarters against Carlton as well.

Richards would have to be in the frame for another full game but suspect one of he or Sullivan will be the sub this week.

He "MAY" be promising .. but that doesnt mean he gets promoted to AFL side... we dont play promising players, we play players that fit the role , can play the role, demonstrate that in teh VFL and are ready and in form.

Well he is in form going by his last fortnight. He has already played senior footy this season, which would indicate the club thinks he's ready, and considering we have lost Howe for a few weeks, there is a role for him....So for me that's ✅✅✅️......

Last edited:

Well he is in form going by his last fortnight. He has already played senior footy this season, which would indicate the club thinks he's ready, and considering we have lost Howe for a few weeks, their is a role for him....So for me that's ✅✅✅️......
And he's been an emergency for consecutive weeks.

Not sure we should risk either of them if they're not 100%.

Long term not sure it helps us
You’d assume the fitness test is there to make that judgement. If they’re not 100% they won’t pass and won’t play.

Playing a side that has won one game in two yeaRS ......
And? The rest of the team spudded it up that game, including 3 players who came in to the senior side and impacted this past weekend, so your point isn’t really valid.

Made the comment earlier about Richards fading, and I guess the same could be said about the team's effort collectively as we had the game under control.

But having just had a look at the Telstra Tracker and it would appear he very much tipped in, so I guess it's fair enough if he did gas himself. Think players coming into their 2nd and 3rd game can start just playing the system rather than smashing themselves to try and prove themselves. Sullivan's numbers were through the roof in his 2.5 quarters against Carlton as well.

Richards would have to be in the frame for another full game but suspect one of he or Sullivan will be the sub this week.
We had 3 players go off injured, 2 of which were in the 1st qtr. We had the game won at half time. No need to go full pelt in the second half.

We still won by 11 goals. 😂

While we've won every game against Adelaide under Fly, 3 of those 4 wins were by a combined 8pts.

Even without our injuries this game projected as being a tough one and a bigger test awaits our new breed this week.

The Crows defence will be stretched with Worrell out, the only good defenders they have right now are Keane and Michaelanney, Brodie Smith is washed up, Jones is out of form, and Butts form has been mixed. So we have to take advantage of that, with our small forward fleet.

Bruz, Darcy, Framp, Q, Leggy, Sidey/Noble have a clear advantage defence wise

We had 3 players go off injured, 2 of which were in the 1st qtr. We had the game won at half time. No need to go full pelt in the second half.

We still won by 11 goals. 😂

That wasn't the point I was making per se. Richards wouldn't have purposely taken the foot off the pedal, he's still very much trying to hold his spot over others in the team. I just think the lack of bench PLUS his work rate early both contributed naturally to the fade out. Will be better for the run.

While we've won every game against Adelaide under Fly, 3 of those 4 wins were by a combined 8pts.

Even without our injuries this game projected as being a tough one and a bigger test awaits our new breed this week.

Absolutely. They're a good side. Their start to the year has been average but their past few weeks has been pretty solid. Will be a tough game. Luckily for us it's at the MCG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be an interesting week at selection...

We know Howe and Bytel will be the omissions from the 23. Harrison likely as well.

Schultz comes back in. Heard Jordy did a fair bit of running on the weekend and pulled up well, if he gets through training get him in and play him forward.
Would love to get Mitchell in. But if he is not right then don't risk it. But if he is good to go, as well as Jordy with Wade and Co ticking them off then get them out there!

Dean the other option after a good game in the VFL, if we want to go down the 3 tall defenders path.

Looking at the Crows line up from Sunday I would back Moore/Frampton to Walker/Himmelberg and Maynard to Fogarty.

The other option is clearly Johnson or Kreuger. Johnson (from what I hear) hasn't exactly set the world alight in the VFL but if he comes in and plays well he is just the type that with a bit of confidence could fill a real need.
Kreuger the other option... Just not sure of match fitness etc after 2 games back from injury...

HH a chance to be available

Interesting to see if he trains today and/or Thursday or if they've kept in the moonboot as precautionary.

I daresay if Sunday had've been a final he would've had a jab and would've kept going (assuming you're still allowed to do that in this day and age!)

JDG supposedly did a 10km running sesh on Saturday so unless he's pulled up no good, then you'd think he's good to go.

Titch they might look to give another week or 2. He'll be crucial for us v sides like the Dogs, Dees etc with bigger bodied mids.
Depends on what the running session was - one paced running is less demanding than the regular sprints and power bursts that Jordy does in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back