Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible line up?

e766bee6ae2202ef5ff2f88410504e57.jpg

933d22cde90c60c75c4c76fa1604ff9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully De Goey and HH get up, interesting they only include Mitchell though

We chose to move Howe forward to help cover for the loss of Mihocek and he's now injured.

So, are we going to now look to replace Howe with another tall forward or will we hope that Schultz returning to play alongside the talls in McInnes and Cox will be enough.

I actually like the idea some have suggested of returning De Goey to the forward line until we get players back.

Of those left in the cupboard hard to argue he isn't the most talented forward option remaining.

We chose to move Howe forward to help cover for the loss of Mihocek and he's now injured.

So, are we going to now look to replace Howe with another tall forward or will we hope that Schultz returning to play alongside the talls in McInnes and Cox will be enough.

I actually like the idea some have suggested of returning De Goey to the forward line until we get players back.

Of those left in the cupboard hard to argue he isn't the most talented forward option remaining.
I like it too with how well midfield has been doing recently, only one more game until Checkers is back most likely thankfully

I mentioned De Goey going forward a while back just in general

Not sure why we don’t use him there more often for periods in games

He’s a legitimately damaging forward

Everyone has gone past him
If he was running any slower he would be going backwards

They’ve all but confirmed Titch has been carrying various injuries all season

Given his importance to the midfield I’m more than happy to give him time be be 100% and get back in the side

A fit Mitchell is a key cog in the Premiership machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the pressure on AJ if he is selected. He would feel this is the last chance to re-establish himself as a senior player worthy of a new contract.
You really love to exaggerate.
Such rubbish.

You really love to exaggerate.
Such rubbish.
Why is that an exaggeration? If he has another poor game why would we ever turn to him for another? It's never been about the occasional dropped mark or poor kick. It is his lack of intensity and defensive pressure. Nobody can win a place in our team without the capacity to play their role in our manic pressure game. It falls apart if there is a weak link.

Why is that an exaggeration? If he has another poor game why would we ever turn to him for another? It's never been about the occasional dropped mark or poor kick. It is his lack of intensity and defensive pressure. Nobody can win a place in our team without the capacity to play their role in our manic pressure game. It falls apart if there is a weak link.
How can you not recognise your own exaggeration? You wrote it!

Let me quote it for you, “He would feel this is the last chance to re-establish himself as a senior player worthy of a new contract.

View attachment 1989125

I saw this Pies member during the coverage on tv, but not this incident,
he,s been suspended for a year………

Yeah, I remember seeing this on the coverage and thought …

(1) How lucky are we to live in a country and follow a competition where a clearly passionate supporter can have a laugh with an opposition player.

(2) How awesome it was that the player took it in good spirit and handed him the footy. Beats having opposition punters leaning over get the fence yelling abuse in your ear.

(3) How unfortunately unwise it was of the supporter to make any contact with a player. Whilst it clearly was in good spirit, the AFL can’t let the precedent go unpunished.

(4) I feel really bad for the supporter that he can’t go to the footy for a year.

Selection again is not easy due to the unknown variables (exactly who will be available is totally unknown-except for Schultz).
Once again, I think the baseline is to start from worst case scenarios, and work your way up from there.
Worst case scenario is that only Schultz is available to come back in (all of JDG, Titch, HH, and of course Jamie, Beau, Howie, Checkers, remain unavailable)
In this situation, we definitely need to bring in a tall.
Not sure who it should be. Many say that Dean is a certainty, but I am not so sure. Dean only plays in defence - Adelaide only has two tall key forwards we need to negate: Walker and Fogarty. So could not Darcy and Frampers deal with them? We might need an intercept marker to compensate for the loss of Howe - maybe WHE can help out down back.
If we are able to configure a defensive set up involving only two true talls then we could instead select Kreuger to play forward. He is a wild card, and that is what we need for this game.
I feel that our need for another tall in F50 is even greater than an another tall in defence.
As for AJ, I feel that he is a possiblity for selection, but only if all the necessary conditions have been satisfied. I have the idea that AJ is being managed/encouraged/developed in a very careful manner, and we will not select him unless we are sure that he has every chance to play well.
So for me:
Worst case scenario:
Out: HH, Howe, Bytel (inj)
In: Schultz, Kreuger, Dean (sub)
Dean selected as sub, because Dean's form has been very good in the VFL, and if he comes on, it might allow the likes of Frampers, WHE, Sidey, to swing forward while he goes back.

I honesty hope that it is not Worst Case Scenario, and that instead we have at least Mitchell (who seems most likely at this stage) to return, in which case I would have :
In: Schultz, Titch, Kreuger (Sub: Titch)

Re the suspension for Pie member:
On the TV, it looked so beautiful - and it was.
He looked like he honestly gave the Eagles player a loving hug of encouragement, and I have no doubt it was.
The fact that the Eagles player reacted as he did showed that he sensed this.
If he hadn't sensed that, his reaction would have been vastly different.
However, we can't have a situation the player's response to the interaction determines whether a penalty to the supporter applies or not.
That is just far too dangerous.
So I agree, a suspension is necessary.
1 year seems arbitrary and draconian.
Much more reasonable would be a suspension of a few months, during which this supporter goes through a program to clarify why his actions were unacceptable from a health and safety standpoint.

Re the suspension for Pie member:
On the TV, it looked so beautiful - and it was.
He looked like he honestly gave the Eagles player a loving hug of encouragement, and I have no doubt it was.
The fact that the Eagles player reacted as he did showed that he sensed this.
If he hadn't sensed that, his reaction would have been vastly different.
However, we can't have a situation the player's response to the interaction determines whether a penalty to the supporter applies or not.
That is just far too dangerous.
So I agree, a suspension is necessary.
1 year seems arbitrary and draconian.
Much more reasonable would be a suspension of a few months, during which this supporter goes through a program to clarify why his actions were unacceptable from a health and safety standpoint.
Its actually only 6 months (the other 6 months suspended)
He's very remorseful. Feels ashamed now. Has a family, and feels ashamed this has affected his 12 year old daughter and wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back