Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been undersized and undermanned for the last two and a half years and still managed a flag and are right in it again. There really is no excuses in today's football for any of these things, unless you are a young developing side like norf
The beauty of Fly’s approach of course is that we would not have entered any game thinking we were undersized or undermanned. System is important but only if it is flexible and adapted to the personnel available at a given time just as buy in is important but only if players are willing to be flexible. We won games with/without ruckmen, with/without a big key forward, with/without the second big key defender etc and you could probably make a case that Adams, for example, left because he wasn’t prepared to be flexible going forward. We are in good hands at present👍

The beauty of Fly’s approach of course is that we would not have entered any game thinking we were undersized or undermanned. System is important but only if it is flexible and adapted to the personnel available at a given time just as buy in is important but only if players are willing to be flexible. We won games with/without ruckmen, with/without a big key forward, with/without the second big key defender etc and you could probably make a case that Adams, for example, left because he wasn’t prepared to be flexible going forward. We are in good hands at present👍
Perfectly said

Watching the presser and they talked about Begg like he was out for the season yet I can't find anything about it.
I talked to Josh Gabelich this morning and he seems to think it'll be the case. Same situation s Noah Long from eagles. Not an ACL but with damage to PCL and MCL, looking around 4 months.
We'll know more on tuesday in the injury report, but I suspect we'll prob hear he'll be having (or have done so) surgery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start De Goey at FF which helps negate the need for a tall to replace Howe. Schultz in for Bytel. Harrison remains after recovering from injury. While the opposition last week wasn't much it was still a good win given the circumstances so rewarding those players and only making the 2 forced changes seems appropriate.

I don't know if we'd throw him to the wolves. VFL rucks are men and we've all seen how even Begg struggles.

Not sure why it'd be any different from any draftee. Steene and Begg were both getting ruck rotations from their first games. We didn't hesitate to throw Moyle into the ruck when he played for the VFL side in what would be the same situation for Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back