Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton - no
Essendon - no
North - no
Bulldogs - sure, but they’re the only Marvel tenant to win a Premiership
St Kilda - yes
Not 100 percent sure Carlton and Essendon can blame 25 ish years of incompetence on their home ground.

Essendon haven’t won a non Sheedy final since 1968😂

First to admit I actually have no idea what you’re advocating!!!
I should have lead with that!!

Your post suggests they we shouldn’t discount goals kicked?

Or did I misread that?
Happy to be corrected!
Poster was deriding Finn’s goals, as ONLY due to assists from Richards.
I was simply making the point virtually every goal comes from an assist, so that criticism was absurd.

Last edited:
All goals are equal I see.

Joe the goose is as valued as a shot from 50 on the siren to win the game.
Please.

I mean…a goal is a goal isn’t it?

Let’s not pretend we live in a world where basic goals have never been stuffed up before

Not 100 percent sure Carlton and Essendon can blame 25 ish years of incompetence on their home ground.

Not saying that there is any causal effect (dunno) but it is curious that Essendon, Carlton and North won 13 Premierships between them in the two and a half decades before Docklands opened, and yet only 1* between them in the two and a half decades since.

* The 1 being Essendon’a 2000 Premiership in the year that Docklands opened.

Here’s a curious stat:

How many Premierships have been won by MCG tenants versus Marvel tenants in the last 20 years?

MCG - 10 Premierships; Marvel - 1 Premiership

All the sweeter given the Doggies have the only 1 for Docklands tenants. You can understand why Carlton want to move to the G, it’s clearly their home ground that’s their issue.

Not saying that there is any causal effect (dunno) but it is curious that Essendon, Carlton and North won 13 Premierships between them in the two and a half decades before Docklands opened, and yet only 1* between them in the two and a half decades since.

* The 1 being Essendon’a 2000 Premiership in the year that Docklands opened.
I'd just say that the poorly run clubs were stupid enough to choose Docklands as their home ground, whereas the well run clubs like Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond etc were smart enough to choose the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Saturday afternoon footy.

Congratulations to John Noble, who will be playing his 100th game today.

All the sweeter given the Doggies have the only 1 for Docklands tenants. You can understand why Carlton want to move to the G, it’s clearly their home ground that’s their issue.

Clearly!

(It’s actually 2 for Docklands tenants in total - Dogs 2016, Bombers 2000)

Crows have plenty of exciting players, so I'm looking forward to this one. Even with injuries, its a game that we shouldn't be dropping if we want to be top 4. It will be a good test to see where we're at. You'd have to suspect it would have been a light week on the track. So should be plenty of run in our legs.

I'll be nervous watching Jordy. If we're a serious side this year we need him at his best. That Prelim was legendary. So hope to see some signs today that he's on track to get back towards that level.

Two narrow wins last year and got lucky in both I'm worried abut todays game. I think The Crows will play us tough here. Might even cause an upset.

Two narrow wins last year and got lucky in both I'm worried abut todays game. I think The Crows will play us tough here. Might even cause an upset.

I'd argue we actually didn't get lucky in either game. The first game we over ran them and in the second game we were well on top at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back