Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think logistically, Friend.

Sicily and Scrimshaw have to come in. While Watson has to go out...

Use that sexy brain of yours.
My thinking is, you have Breust to replace Watson and Gunston not out of the question as the sub. Hardwick could go back as his record against the lions is very good. Sicily may get thrown forward if that's the case.

Anyway, more disappointed for Phillips. Prefer giving guys a couple of games to adjust to the pace of the game. Obviously Scrim and Sicily are best 23 so it makes sense but just hate seeing single game debuts.

Maybe the media will be questioning why the premiers gave up a 25 point lead with about 7 minutes to go instead of trying to blame an umpire. Did they defensive too early. And even though it may have only gained the Pies about 1-2 seconds extra, (if the free hadn't been called)the reason a player would do that is to get his team a bit more time to set up defensively
We should review the footage to learn how not to blow a 25 point lead.

Thanks Newmo, just a quick one. I am so impressed with Sam’s speaking ability, frank and honest affable and with a worldly understanding, like his comment about how Nash is being moved around and then how they are all still learning, even Jar’s about the indigenous world. I have never had the chance to meet him, is this a true look at the man ? Who we see in the pressers?
He's an incredibly intelligent bloke and a fantastic speaker. What we see in the press conference is similar to him in the real world, but as stated elsewhere he is a smart ass and is highly driven. Very glad he's our coach!

Thanks Newmo, just a quick one. I am so impressed with Sam’s speaking ability, frank and honest affable and with a worldly understanding, like his comment about how Nash is being moved around and then how they are all still learning, even Jar’s about the indigenous world. I have never had the chance to meet him, is this a true look at the man ? Who we see in the pressers?
He has always been like that. It's funny I watch and listen to him now and it's almost the same as the teenage version , just obviously more mature now .

Made a booking for Foresters in Surrey Hills to eat the big yorkie and watch us smash the Lions. Thanks Sydney based Hawks and * the Lions (and Swans/Giants every week)
I watched the footy in a pub (The Evening Star I think) in Surrey Hills last weekend on a boy's trip to Sydney.

Was having an excellent day drinking with the lads right up till that last 20 seconds 🤬

Made a booking for Foresters in Surrey Hills to eat the big yorkie and watch us smash the Lions. Thanks Sydney based Hawks and * the Lions (and Swans/Giants every week)
It’s a good footy pub and good work making the booking, it gets busy. Watched the North game there after going to the Swans v Suns game and had to watch from the bar as there were no tables.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips withdrawn from the vfl

Think Sesame Street GIF

Easy stiff. Was certainly in our top 10 or 15 last week. Victim of circumstance. For the team it’s a good problem to have (who’d have thought that would be possible after blank went down) but sucks for him. Our defenders would not want to set a foot wrong.
She must be hot.

Seamus Mitchell was doing a fitness test with staff alone at Waverley this morning about 10am. Didn’t look to be hampered though
He was running laps for a little bit in yesterday’s training as well.
Hopefully good enough to play.

Can anybody explain to me how ticketing works at Marvel? There are four of us (3x members plus a visitor) and I am trying to get tickets on level 1, but Ticketmaster is not showing any available inventory, and instead trying to force me to upgrade to premo seats on level 2.

There's absolutely no way in the world that level 1 is entirely sold out. On that note, does Ticketmaster release any inventory closer to the first bounce? I'll be stuffed if I'm paying $43 for a reserved seat upgrade.

Can anybody explain to me how ticketing works at Marvel? There are four of us (3x members plus a visitor) and I am trying to get tickets on level 1, but Ticketmaster is not showing any available inventory, and instead trying to force me to upgrade to premo seats on level 2.

There's absolutely no way in the world that level 1 is entirely sold out. On that note, does Ticketmaster release any inventory closer to the first bounce? I'll be stuffed if I'm paying $43 for a reserved seat upgrade.
It’s really is shit. I have been trying to reserve 1 ticket for myself and was hoping for level 1 on the wing. Apparently there’s a couple behind the goal or then at level 2 at higher price.

Good to hear. Was watching the VFL game thinking that Phillips was playing poorly. Had barely been mentioned… :)

I still think Sicily might be a late out. Very hard to drop Phillips off last week game.

The defense has shown it can stack up without Sicily.I would love to see him up the ground. The side has not had a key forward target string a season together without missing games due to injury or form since I can remember.

Funny you should mention that;
These guys are the 21st century equivalent of the robber barons.

Phillips being held back smells of a late change.. recon sic might not be quite ready..
Maybe Sicily. Could be Gunston.

I know it's a bit of a meme but Sicily forward could be on the cards for this game.

Frost, Scrimshaw, Phillips down back.

Chol, Dear, Sicily up forward.

Option to swing Hardwick or Sicily back if things get tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back