Preview Round 11: Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Dreamtime at the G - Richmond Tigers vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 25th May, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And North were able to match us in the middle last week.
North's on ball brigade has won the clearances a few times this year. It's their main weapon at the moment.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Zerk-Thatcher, Snelling, Baldwin, Draper, Weideman, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzie, D'Ambrosio, Phillips
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Wright, Gresham, Caddy, Kelly, Laverde, Goldstein, Cox, Guelfi

RICHMOND OUTS: Taranto, Ross, Cotchin, Graham, Grimes, Riewoldt, Mansell, Clarke
RICHMOND INS: Miller, Brown, Sonsie, Lefau, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe, Cumberland

View attachment 1998554

My GOD look at that backline. Stacked!
Laverde be like...
Cookie Monster Hello GIF by Sesame Street

North's on ball brigade has won the clearances a few times this year. It's their main weapon at the moment.

Usually it's our main weapon too.
We are running one quality genuine mid short in there atm.
No Parish or Setterfield hurts. So it's odd we drop Shiel, Tsatas, Hobbs named 5th on the bench - sub?

Good chance to give Perkins or someone else more minutes in there I suppose.

Usually it's our main weapon too.
We are running one quality genuine mid short in there atm.
No Parish or Setterfield hurts. So it's odd we drop Shiel, Tsatas, Hobbs named 5th on the bench - sub?

Good chance to give Perkins or someone else more minutes in there I suppose.
For sure but it's not a complete aberration to lose. We don't play Hobbs or Tsatas in there really anyway.

Archie's averaging 4 clearances a game on par with Caldwell and Durham. Definitely been more as a mid this year.

Durham Merrett Caldwell Perkins, Hobbs with Stringer able to rotate through as your inside mids seems pretty typically balanced

Then Cox, Kelly, Hepp as your outside mids.
By outside mid you mean wing? And inside mean centre bounce attendance in the above?

Think we lack speed and polish in the above group. Only merret with elite foot skills although perkins and stringer can burst away and hit a target.

With the look of the above Martin will be up more around mid this week with ridley down back.

A calf on a Friday? Clubs still do captains run the day before or now more actual training. Guess injuries can occur anytime.

Although could have had it days ago and just announced.

Good opportunity for tsatas. With parish, setterfield and hobbs now out for a few weeks some opportunities for others to establish themselves as caldwell and durham have done.

Tsatas and perkins its your time.
Fingers crossed no more mid injuries as getting a bit light on coming up against two of the better mid groups in the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A calf on a Friday? Clubs still do captains run the day before or now more actual training. Guess injuries can occur anytime.

Although could have had it days ago and just announced.

Good opportunity for tsatas. With parish, setterfield and hobbs now out for a few weeks some opportunities for others to establish themselves as caldwell and durham have done.

Tsatas and perkins its your time.
Fingers crossed no more mid injuries as getting a bit light on coming up against two of the better mid groups in the next few weeks.

true romance smile GIF

When is Murphy going to be walked. How many players pop calf’s at training. It’s bemusing, fair enough if they’re popping during a game. But surely we need s and c overhaul

You know I would have loved to see Roberts in the side. I know it's early but....so close.

When is Murphy going to be walked. How many players pop calf’s at training. It’s bemusing, fair enough if they’re popping during a game. But surely we need s and c overhaul
We have been great with injuries overall this year.

The underestimating of the length of injury is the only knock for this year but might be more the PR department then Murphy's doing.

Last edited:

The underestimating the length of injury is the only knock for this year but might be more the PR department then Murphy's doing.
Yep, look at Tigers, Pies & Blues. We have done fairly well.

Remember, we were all saying Pies were gold standard last year. It is fickle.

I think the game needs to scrap the sub and have 6 on the bench.

The underestimating the length of injury is the only knock for this year but might be more the PR department then Murphy's doing.
I am not sure they are underestimating the length. It seems to be we give them two weeks longer in recovery but it is not always reported that way . They have been very conservative on the rehab for a couple of years now .
Problem is the website rarely has updated info until they are ready to play.

People wanted players pushed harder and harder in training.

Injuries will happen more frequently.
And more frequently at a lot of other clubs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back