Preview Round 11: Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Dreamtime at the G - Richmond Tigers vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 25th May, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs (mainly), Tsatas then Shiel played midfield minutes last week.
Did they? I thought Hobbs played mainly as a lost half forward and Tsatas out on a wing rather than in the centre bounce.

Hobbs only had one clearance, Tsatas didn't have any. And CBA stat reckons Tsatas hasn't attended any this year, which admittedly sounds odd to me.

Edit: Yeah looks like Hobbs only went to a couple of CBA's last week and Tsatas none.

Did they? I thought Hobbs played mainly as a lost half forward and Tsatas out on a wing rather than in the centre bounce.

Hobbs only had one clearance, Tsatas didn't have any. And CBA stat reckons Tsatas hasn't attended any this year, which admittedly sounds odd to me.

Edit: Yeah looks like Hobbs only went to a couple of CBA's last week and Tsatas none.

Ok you're right no centre bounces attendance from my stats either. Midfield stoppages though.

I guess we don't trust any fit genuine midfielder to fill that 4th midfielder role other than Parish or Setterfield.

Sheil, Hobbs (probably sub), Tsatas all ignored.

I think Perkins is better anyway fwiw.
Might hurt midfield rotations though. As we've name 2 less mids and 2 extra talls.

Last edited:

I am not sure they are underestimating the length. It seems to be we give them two weeks longer in recovery but it is not always reported that way . They have been very conservative on the rehab for a couple of years now .
Problem is the website rarely has updated info until they are ready to play.
I thought the afl bought in rules around clubs being more transparent with injuries. Guess it's hard when human body isn't a exact science and setbacks happen.

Probably only way would be to say base it on average across league. Hamstring 3-4. Calf 4 etc. When was last time player came back ahead of schedule. Ridley?

2 touches in a quarter last week with one of those a turn over, fair enough I'd say.
Also had 2 tackles and a few shepherds and his defensive running was good okay. Not shocked he is out but he worked out Kay off the ball.

Also had 2 tackles and a few shepherds and his defensive running was good okay. Not shocked he is out but he worked out Kay off the ball.
Ah, I didn't notice the defensive work, maybe that was more his role I guess? Still with Hobbs out I'd rather the time go into Tsatas

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Zerk-Thatcher, Snelling, Baldwin, Draper, Weideman, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzie, D'Ambrosio, Phillips
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Wright, Gresham, Caddy, Kelly, Laverde, Goldstein, Cox, Guelfi

RICHMOND OUTS: Taranto, Ross, Cotchin, Graham, Grimes, Riewoldt, Mansell, Clarke
RICHMOND INS: Miller, Brown, Sonsie, Lefau, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe, Cumberland

View attachment 1998554

My GOD look at that backline. Stacked!
fox tv help GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

We have been great with injuries overall this year.

The underestimating of the length of injury is the only knock for this year but might be more the PR department then Murphy's doing.
Great with injuries? You taking the piss?
Ridley injured twice (again after previous injury
Draper injured again
Parish injured twice (again after previous injury from last year)
Reid injured after 1 game 2-3 week hammy that turned into 8
Duursma calf
Baldwin stress fracture
Setterfield - 2-3 week injury that’s turned into 6-7 again
And now Hobbs calf
I’d say the amount of our players that continue to reinjure the previous issue is a huge worry. Hopefully Ridley can get a clean run for the rest of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And North were able to match us in the middle last week.
Unfortunately we dont really have anything else of quality that is changing anything

I also wouldnt just go off 1 game data

I think Zerrett, Durham, Caldwell, Stringer, Perkins are fine

Weve had 3 of the group out of CBAs all year really (when you include Setters and Parish)

The sub if Tsatas can still help out in that area for a 1/3 of the game aswell

Draper injured again
Duursma calf
Baldwin stress fracture
And now Hobbs calf
I’d say the amount of our players that continue to reinjure the previous issue is a huge worry. Hopefully Ridley can get a clean run for the rest of the year
The reinjuries are a concern but we are mid range/lower for games lost due to injury. Not many season ending so our ranking should contunie to improve. We have not been cruelled by injury this year.

Could say we are alright at prevention in S and C but need improvement in rehabilitation, kinda makes sense that timeframes are being pushed out to take more caution then.

Last edited:
honestly, as much as i'd love for it to be a 100+ point trouncing like the past fornight for richmond, i think it'll be a similar win to what we had vs norf.

excited to see ridley play. now that mckay is down back he should easily be able to command our d50.
As good as we are going on paper, the expectation of thumping sides is not where we are at. Good system, no injuries and a win is all I am asking for with some bonus points of the kids taking big steps.

Draper injured again
Duursma calf
Baldwin stress fracture
And now Hobbs calf

We’ve had a pretty good run.

Especially if you look at our best 22.

The Rids one sucks. And Duursma came at a bad time.

But Draper and Reid are simply always going to be injured/injury prone.

Setterfield and Hobbs frustrating but are more fringe players (maybe harsh) - and Baldwin was playing VFL this year anyway.

Touch wood, but our best 22 has been fairly healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back