Trades Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to trade out anyone not getting games atm, then trade out the underachievers later. Have 240k, so maybe I'll look to trade MacPherson and Menadue to a gun and a rookie.

Menadue > Rookie
Hartley > Steven

Has the added advantage of getting Hewett and Ruggles off-field

SOOO hard to make money at this stage.

None of my players are really in need of trading (Bar Stef, and I don't want to, and don't have the money for that really)

So my goal this week is cash generation and getting legs on the ground for the byes

McPherson>Matheison
Menadue>Murdoch

Leaves me with 104k for next week.

I'll be looking to upgrade whichever of Dea/McDonald-T/C.Ellis scores the least to a premium with a round 15 bye

SOOO hard to make money at this stage.

None of my players are really in need of trading (Bar Stef, and I don't want to, and don't have the money for that really)

So my goal this week is cash generation and getting legs on the ground for the byes

McPherson>Matheison
Menadue>Murdoch

Leaves me with 104k for next week.

I'll be looking to upgrade whichever of Dea/McDonald-T/C.Ellis scores the least to a premium with a round 15 bye

The cupboard is bare in the forwards. Murdoch is the best option, but he's round 13 and that's the problem I have there.

Collingwood had a few injuries today, so we might see some new faces on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 4 players out this week, 5 if you include Ruggles. I need to fix this otherwise I will be stuck fielding 15/16 players during the byes.

On the other hand, I feel I need to make at least one upgrade to stay in touch with the top 100.

At this stage my trades are
Mohr > Collins
McCarthy > Mathieson

Just traded in two rucks, which feels odd. Stef has become Goldy and Petracca has been downgraded to Gorringe.

I feel like Gorringe has decent job security until the end of the bye rounds. Would that be right, Blues fans? Gorringe will play on field this week (should do okay vs Brisbane) then be benched when Trengove (surely) gets ruck DPP next week. Gives me three playing rucks and one on each bye round, with Blicavs also in my midfield.

Petracca should still score well and has more money to make, but I'm going okay and want to trade in a premium keeper every week if possible. I think I can afford to be aggressive with trades.

EDIT: did Trengove still play ruck v Melbourne, or was he in defence? Didn't see the game. Would he be a lock to get ruck/def DPP?

Thinking a double downgrade is the only viable option this week. Will just stick with Martin until r14 probably. He needs a rocket, just didn't look interested.

I should get rid of Lincoln McCarthy but there isn't much profit to be made if I get that Murdoch guy.
Will get Collins in for someone - Ruggles or Wagner maybe.
Will give me about 500k in the bank for 2 upgrades the following week.

I think alot of guys will be in the boat where their defenders in range of 280/360k are bout to reach max price (tippa,dea,wagner,M.brown etc) and so downgrading to upgrade mids to Rockliff and Gaff in the following weeks. Ill be going tippa- young def, then macpherson- rockliff, then somehow upgrade j.smith to Gaff before the bye.

Just traded in two rucks, which feels odd. Stef has become Goldy and Petracca has been downgraded to Gorringe.

I feel like Gorringe has decent job security until the end of the bye rounds. Would that be right, Blues fans? Gorringe will play on field this week (should do okay vs Brisbane) then be benched when Trengove (surely) gets ruck DPP next week. Gives me three playing rucks and one on each bye round, with Blicavs also in my midfield.

Petracca should still score well and has more money to make, but I'm going okay and want to trade in a premium keeper every week if possible. I think I can afford to be aggressive with trades.

EDIT: did Trengove still play ruck v Melbourne, or was he in defence? Didn't see the game. Would he be a lock to get ruck/def DPP?
No Gorringe very limited JS, was out of the side until Byrne was a late out today.

Kreuzer is our number one ruck. Bolton likes to have two ruckman, and before injury that was Phillips, who will be back soon. But most of our wins have come with Kreuzer as the sole ruckman and Casboult reliefing.

I think Gorringe has almost no JS and will be first out when players come back.

C. Oliver -> J. Steven
Petracca -> L. Franklin

Not optimal use of cash cows... but my other rookies didn't let me get any combination of 2 premiums I wanted.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back