Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright lads enough soccer talk from me but seriously I like our chances Friday night. Injuries or not we still have enough class and I find it surprising that we're underdogs in this one.

I reckon we get the 4 points!

Since JDG is not playing and Ed will likely line up on a wing, this might be the game Fin plays a full time mid role.

I’d love him to follow Serong around the whole night.

He would then follow Serong around all night, 2-3 metres off him, watching as he picks up 35 touches. Macrae would get demolished by Serong. Doesn't have the agility, speed or strength.

They weren’t a top 4 team then… they were a bottom 6 in the comp… and that was also reflected in all the stats

So it’s been a mighty turn around

Helped by the fact that other then top 4 teams like Cats, Demons, Giants have dropped off

Ladder position has changed… but my points about how playing youth and fringe players remain

It’s seems most on here can comprehend that.

And the recent success of the new players flies in the face of all that you have said about playing these players prematurely, their development, hurting their confidence etc

So I can see why you are bent out of shape

Point me to where I’ve ever expressed disappointment at a kid getting an opportunity. All I’ve said is that they’ll get their opportunity naturally without artificially throwing the baby out with the bath water as you were crying for. I’ve consistently been a strong advocate for our youth and the depth we have.

I also expressed confidence we were better than our 0-3 start to the year suggested but you were convinced we were falling off a cliff. As I say, it’s hardly vindication of your views when the very players you were calling out to be omitted have been the very same players who have underpinned the turning of our fortunes.

I’ll leave it there.

I don’t see Fin making it as a winger. So if he can’t get a full midfield game with JDG & Titch out, things arent looking great for him.

Ed plays on the wing in the VFL anyways. Not fair to throw him into the fire to play on Serong.
I agree with your assessment of Macrae. I personally don't see him making it in any role other than HFF and we have a quite a few superior options for that role.

I may be misinterpreting things but comments on Allan from the regular VFL watchers seem to suggest that he goes better when playing in the middle than on a wing but rarely gets to do it because we've usually had the likes of Macrae, Sullivan and Carmichael picked for on-ball roles ahead of him. Regardless, its hard to imagine Allan makes a career as a wing, given his build. Surely he either moves onto the ball or into a flanker/utility role?

Sullivan might not have the tank, but he too would be a good option.

I just think this is a great opportunity to learn about Fin’s future this week.

Doubt his future will be decided this week, he’s got the remainder of the season and all of 2025. He’s showing enough development, he’ll get further opportunity.

3774bace53b92d49a3af589bd8f1d5fa.jpg

But crisp and Nick had gone inside by this point. Along with both rucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week we’ll be bolstered by Mihoceck and Beau - so not sure that’s a net downgrade on JDG.
Yes it’s a very stiff test this week, but that just gives latitude in performance for the whole team, not just the kids.
Yeah I'm leaning this way as well. Reef and WHE didn't have major impact last week and whilst JDG is a big loss, mihoceck and beau offset this to an extent.
Adelaide are also going better than it appears, with 3 wins, a lost to us by 4pts, bombers by 3 and a draw to lions over their past 6 weeks.
Freo at home will be a massive test, but hoping our system holds up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With AJ the huge Social Media vilification he was subjected to earlier in the year was huge set back.

I know I’m being pedantic here but you should be using the vocative case. Brutus is 2nd declension so it matters. It should be ‘Et tu Brute?’
Write out 100 times.
Thx Brother Ignatious is just turning in his grave at my useless Latin...

A groin strain causes sharp pain or spasms in the groin area or lower abdominal region.

Dunno, Perhaps The Royal Sampler can tell us more.

My first thought was that it’s the same injury and they were now referring to it as abdominal to distinguish it from OP.

Now I’m thinking it’s a separate issue but there’s likely a compensatory element to it anyway.

I agree with your assessment of Macrae. I personally don't see him making it in any role other than HFF and we have a quite a few superior options for that role.

I may be misinterpreting things but comments on Allan from the regular VFL watchers seem to suggest that he goes better when playing in the middle than on a wing but rarely gets to do it because we've usually had the likes of Macrae, Sullivan and Carmichael picked for on-ball roles ahead of him. Regardless, its hard to imagine Allan makes a career as a wing, given his build. Surely he either moves onto the ball or into a flanker/utility role?
Macrae strikes me as one that will need time. Even if it means we play him at HFF. Schultz and Mcreery can spend time on ball, Elliott closer to retirement…

Our system holds up even with personnel changes. WHE is one of the key pieces, now missing.

We’ll make a game of it, but agree will be tight. Although we still have a lot of quality on the ground, will require some heroics to get us across the line.

Felt they played Jordy prematurely last week, and is now injured again. I’m hoping they don’t rush Checkers back.
All hopefully will be cherry ripe for back end of season, with possibilty of return of McGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back