Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, would only be short stints like cox does if anything.
It was interesting that in training yesterday it was him v frampton in the ruck after DC and Cox finished up early. So I wonder if one of them might be rested.
My fear is once again seeing Krueger off early (assuming he replaces my boy Cox) with an injury, leaving us completely reliant upon Checkers as our only tall target without even a medium sized player to help out. No Degoey, Reef or WHE to pinch hit in that role. It's a huge risk.

My fear is once again seeing Krueger off early (assuming he replaces my boy Cox) with an injury, leaving us completely reliant upon Checkers as our only tall target without even a medium sized player to help out. No Degoey, Reef or WHE to pinch hit in that role. It's a huge risk.
Not sure where the speculation on Cox missing comes from, but unless he is injured, it would be lunacy to leave him out right now.

i've been asking a lot of opposition teams what they think of fremantle at the moment. opposition people being subjective. so you guys are the latest.

i can't work us out.
we are statistically the best ball movement team of the last 6 weeks. have one of the best midifields and defenses in the league. but we sit outside the 8. i can't work us out.

what do you guys think?
Better to ask post the match tomorrow night as Collingwood is fielding a relatively inexperienced side with a few big outs.

Yes, we’re finally getting to see which of our reserves are genuinely up to it and which ones are not. Some will surprise on the upside, some won’t - but at least we’ll know and can speed up list re-shaping based on what is revealed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes wil be good to see where the new ones are at. Sorry this post has been much longer than what I intended :p ;)

What I am hoping for or what excites me:

Richards: He is so clean, creative, good pace, would love to see him worked into more chains. Not sure how you would do that. I have be blown away that he seems to on okay to good defensively. He has blown me away at how well he is done. But now that I have got to see him, he seems like a player with teh potential to blow a game apart.

Harrison: Ditto, a more powerful runner with ability to break tackles. Seems we have only seems tastes of his potential. Very exciting prospect. Not sure what his tank is like, but the rest of his game seems to stack up.

Sullivan: Only 12% CB action re Adelaide , so I may have been a bit harsh on him, re my comments on number of possessions as mid. Wonder how much improvement is left in him and weather he can become that super tough inside mid. Seems to have other bases covered.

Macrae, I am just hoping to see some toughness. I think he has the other sides of his game going well.

The debutants - Hoping for positive signs they belong in the AFL arena. Anything more is a bonus.

That is 5 genuine newbies expected to play on Friday including 2 debutants and Macrae. 6 in total. The dream is that some, or, at least on of them break out and cement a position in the 22.

Last edited:
Kreuger played 12 VFL matches consecutively last year. If we are going to be too afraid of playing him in case he gets injured, what's the point of having retained him on the list? Just play him.

I said at last year's grand final selection time that if Kreuger didn't come in for McStay for that game, there was no point in having him on the list. He is still there, and the same decision is looming now. If he doesn't get a call up now, then I can see no point in retaining him. He still looks a really good player to me, but if the selectors don't have the confidence in him to wheel him out when the need is so great, then he can't be kept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. How much more time would you give him? He’s 22 years old former 1st round draft pick, who has been on our list for four years, during which time he has played (some portion of) nearly 20 AFL games and I imagine double that number of VFL games. A rookie he ain’t. IMO the likelihood of him crossing a threshold number of games and suddenly blossoming actually reduces rather than increases with the more games he plays at this age without it happening. He’s contracted for 2025, so I guess he’s safe for a while yet but others are overtaking him in the pecking order pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To me, rather than games or years it's about whether they're improving, whether they're making progress.

Finn's still improving. He's a better kick, more composed with the footy and looks to be running through the lines better this year. He's AFL standard between stoppages now. It's whether he can become AFL standard in contests and around stoppage that makes or breaks his career or whether he can get his linking and running game up to Lipinskis standard if he can't become an inside mid.

I'm a skeptic, but while he's still improving he's a chance.

Fremantle also have 5 or 6 players under 30 games

Why do you say that? They also have 5 or so players under 30 games

That’s all well and good, but how many players under 30 games would you say they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back