Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just an opinion. They are much closer to full strength and at home. We are pretty beat up. Bookies say freo at 1.77, pies 2.05. Id say it should be more like 1.4 and $3.

That said I have a lot of faith in the boys and I am hoping for a backs-to-the-wall win.
A win Friday night sets our season up beautifully and severely dents Freo’s hopes.

they look like carlton supporters turning up to training to eyeball their players
stop motion chaos GIF by Charles Pieper

Team will be arguably stronger than last week and the week before but media is going with the injury line this week. Cool.

Arguably. De Goey is quite handy with a football.

I said at last year's grand final selection time that if Kreuger didn't come in for McStay for that game, there was no point in having him on the list. He is still there, and the same decision is looming now. If he doesn't get a call up now, then I can see no point in retaining him. He still looks a really good player to me, but if the selectors don't have the confidence in him to wheel him out when the need is so great, then he can't be kept.
Why is he a really good player? He has talent but he is unproven. He's played 9 AFL games and some of those he never finished. We were never bringing him in for a grand final considering he hardly played that year vs billy who played like 17 games.

If only Jen2310 wasn't so selfish in her unwillingness to arrive for her flight 3 or 4 hours early to check the boys off as they board the plane. If she had been at the gate, we would know the team line up by now.
Yeah, what is it with Jen lately?!?
It's like she just doesn't care...

(Community Service Announcement: this was not a serious comment...).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've been asking a lot of opposition teams what they think of fremantle at the moment. opposition people being subjective. so you guys are the latest.

i can't work us out.
we are statistically the best ball movement team of the last 6 weeks. have one of the best midifields and defenses in the league. but we sit outside the 8. i can't work us out.

what do you guys think?
Not being facetious- but your ladder position reflects the whole season not the last 6 games.

i've been asking a lot of opposition teams what they think of fremantle at the moment. opposition people being subjective. so you guys are the latest.

i can't work us out.
we are statistically the best ball movement team of the last 6 weeks. have one of the best midifields and defenses in the league. but we sit outside the 8. i can't work us out.

what do you guys think?

Sitting 6th on a recent form ladder which is just the past 5 games.

Above you is
Sydney
Collingwood
Essendon (who never have to play quality opposition somehow!)
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast

I’d say it’s a reasonable reflection of where you are at the moment but your ladder position is due to a poorer start.

Collingwood sit 5th but are the second most in form team of recent weeks due to our 0-3 start.

Think either of those won't get it done.
The only time Nick has been shut out as a Mid was when JDG was also playing in there and a big body went to him.
It was a weekly occurrence at the start of the year (so much so we had to send him to HB to generate drive).

I'm really not sure how to go about it with tagging him at the moment.

When JDG was also in there, it seemed like a big body was the way to go.
But since JDG hasn't been in there and Nick can freely get on the move knowing he has cover....i don't really know how to go about it because nothing i've seen from the oppo in the last 3-4 weeks has come close to working.

His second and third efforts and follow-up require someone with speed. But he's been shut out via a bigger body early in the year. With a mindset of defense only. Because the second he gets space.....gone.
I just don't see who has this on the Freo list.

If they can crack that problem of how to stop him.....then whomever gets the gig will be high up in the coaches voting (regardless of how many stats they get).

Yeah I agree with you on all your points. I think the coaching staff are smart enough to plan for this, and have ways of dealing with it.

If the tag is effective, they could also look at putting Nick in the forward line and trying to get him to expose their half-backs by hurting them on the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I agree with you on all your points. I think the coaching staff are smart enough to plan for this, and have ways of dealing with it.

If the tag is effective, they could also look at putting Nick in the forward line and trying to get him to expose their half-backs by hurting them on the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
lock it in stiffy, we'll win tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back