Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based purely on last week I would have dropped Harrison before Macrae
HH has amazingly quick hands - some of his “gives” to set up goals were sublime. Including the one in the chain for the winning goal.
When combined with his speed and Footy IQ he’s going to be very hard to drop.

Is this week the toughest H&A test we’ve faced under Fly?

• 5 changes
  • 2 debutants
  • Another 3 players who are very inexperienced (Sullivan, Dean, Harrison)
  • Coming off a third successive six day break
  • Playing away
  • Travelling to Perth
  • An opponent that is up and about

Of course we can win it, but if we do it’ll be a H&A win for the ages.
Plus Richards who has only played 2 games

Cox is one player tonight that needs to pull the finger out. Really struggling at the moment to have any real impact, but we need him to be competitive against Darcy and Jackson, and help to not allow them to dominate in the ruck and around the ground. I want to see Cox marking the ball. One mark in a game isn't going to cut it tonight. ON WATCH!!!
It’d be nice if he actually went for his marks with 2 hands occasionally

HH has amazingly quick hands - some of his “gives” to set up goals were sublime. Including the one in the chain for the winning goal.
When combined with his speed and Footy IQ he’s going to be very hard to drop.

I have no real issue with HH as a player

I'm just saying purely based on last week. Let alone the combined fortnight with the West Coast game where Fin was great.

Fin also has really good hands and he's not exactly slow.

I just think Fin seems to be really hard done by. But as Mollythedolly suggested yesterday to me (one of the rare posters to actually reply in a mature and reasonable manner) it could be a specific role thing,

I'm just saying purely based on last week. Let alone the combined fortnight with the West Coast game where Fin was great.

I just think Fin seems to be really hard done by. But as Mollythedolly suggested yesterday to me (one of the rare posters to actually reply in a mature and reasonable manner) it could be a specific role thing,

Did you watch the replay as well as going to the game?

I just ask, as at the game I miss a heap of what happens in congestion - the contests in traffic are all a bit of a blur for me in terms of individual players. TV makes it pretty clear that Harrison is currently a fair way above Macrae in contests.

At least it's reassuring that selectors are prepared to move on players that they feel don't adequately perform or fit the team's structure. I didn't see much of either player on the TV last week, but I did see HH's crucial involvement in the winning goal. He is making a habit of inhabiting pivotal moments in games. I didn't see Finn do anything as team or score lifting.

Is this week the toughest H&A test we’ve faced under Fly?

• 5 changes
  • 2 debutants
  • Another 3 players who are very inexperienced (Sullivan, Dean, Harrison)
  • Coming off a third successive six day break
  • Playing away
  • Travelling to Perth
  • An opponent that is up and about

Of course we can win it, but if we do it’ll be a H&A win for the ages.
We’ve still got plenty of premiership players out there.

Pies by 16 points.

He was and is good on the spread, but even in that game he wasn't great in the contests.
My reply was to someone who said Fin has been underwhelming in the past '2 weeks'. I wouldn't have included the Eagles game as underwhelming. Last week yes, but not the week before, imo.

My reply was to someone who said Fin has been underwhelming in the past '2 weeks'. I wouldn't have included the Eagles game as underwhelming. Last week yes, but not the week before, imo.
I was underwhelmed due to his contested work in that game, as getting to good spots when spreading forward from contest isn't enough and isn't going to get you uncontested goals most week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game tonight. Win and we consolidate our place in the 8. Coming up against a full strength Freo whilst we have 5 first year players in our side.

Definite underdogs tonight, but we thrive under adversity. Chance to make a statement tonight.

Pies by a comfortable 11 points.

I am getting a bit spooked by the media circus backing the Dockers. My belief leans towards the young blokes who have gotten the job done in the last couple of weeks, but it would be nice to win tomorrow night, have a wicked weekend, then belt the Dogs going into the big freeze...

If Freo can't beat us with all our outs then they may as well shut the club down.

They've been talking a big game all week but this has the scent of a Collingwood backs to the wall game about it.

They cannot score and will keep us interested all night.

Freo by 3 goals at 3/4 time. Let's see what happens.

Here is the distribution, i'll hand over to you to do the maths
View attachment 1998692
Mean … Collingwood is older but that number is always grossly distorted by outliers. Needs further standard deviation analysis to quantify the effect of that. Take off the two highest and lowest for example and the mean changes a lot
Median. Where’s the middle player in the list sits ( ie player number 11.5 out of the 23) rounding up or down it doesn’t matter, Both sides have that player in the 50-99 games bracket. That’s pretty even.
Mode. The bracket where most of our players sit. Both in the under 50 category. Also even . We have two more in the 100-149 and two less in the 50-99 bracket so slight experience sdvantage there. For. Veterans over 150 games we only have only player more in those groups than Fremantle

Bottom line Pendles and Sidey are outliers and massively distort the average stats. But they are only two players.

I am getting a bit spooked by the media circus backing the Dockers. My belief leans towards the young blokes who have gotten the job done in the last couple of weeks, but it would be nice to win tomorrow night, have a wicked weekend, then belt the Dogs going into the big freeze...
It serves us well to go as the underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back