Unofficial Preview Round 11 vs Hawks in Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s Wednesday afternoon and there isn’t a preview thread yet so I’ll put this up.

Tough game coming up. We haven’t played in Launceston for a number of years and the Hawks will be very keen to bounce back.
Channel 7 are billing this as New Hawk star Jarman Impey against his old club.
I don’t recall him getting so much media attention prior to joining them.
Anyway, I seriously hope we win, but on our inconsistent form I won’t hold my breath. Clarko will be desperate for a win here.

They've had trouble containing KPFs - opportunity for Dixon to kick a bag and hit some form.

They'll be coming out roaring after 3 straight losses though, and Tas is a fortress for them so could be a tough game. Think the key for us will be to win the first quarter by at least 10 points. As long as we don't have to play catch up during the game we should be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's jarman been going for the Hawks? Has he been able to get over his usual 15 touches and goal with a couple flashy runs before shanking his kicks?

With our 'Super June' games following this, this game is super crucial. We'll face Richmond and Melbourne at home and we need to get confidence rolling. Win this and it could be a very good section of our year, lose and we may well hit a huge roadblock. Would have to be targeting 3 of the next 4. If we manage to score that we'll be on track for a great ladder position.

How's jarman been going for the Hawks? Has he been able to get over his usual 15 touches and goal with a couple flashy runs before shanking his kicks?

With our 'Super June' games following this, this game is super crucial. We'll face Richmond and Melbourne at home and we need to get confidence rolling. Win this and it could be a very good section of our year, lose and we may well hit a huge roadblock. Would have to be targeting 3 of the next 4. If we manage to score that we'll be on track for a great ladder position.

Similar stats to Motlop. The difference is, Motlop kicked that clutch goal. I dont have confidence that too many others (Jarman included) would have nailed that.

I agree, this shapes as one of those 'season defining' games. Could really set up our year!

I want us to string wins together... I believe that if we can get .. 5.. 6+ wins we will see the players start to really grow and get confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back