Game Day Round 12 - Melbourne v Collingwood, Monday 11 June, 3.20pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big-Freeze-4-Logo-1.png

www.fightmnd.org.au

Screenshot_20180610-222848.png

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/. Viewers can watch games on Foxtel or via XBox or the T-Box. Telstra Customers can also live stream the game via the AFL app (Conditions Apply).

Please DO NOT post asking for links to streams in the Gameday thread. Your Account Will be suspended for a day.

----------------------

Big Freeze 4 from 2pm.
Donate at www.fightmnd.org.au

And for the record, I left Victoria on April 30 before the start of Dees v Dons. Haven't been in the state at the same time as the Dees playing since.

I am preparing myself for all your hate tomorrow as I am attending.

Early GDT, controversial, but I like it.

IT’S nearly GAME DAY BIIIItCHEERS!!!

Massive game tomorrow, massive challenge! I think the boys are up to it, but it’s the biggest game, biggest test, we’ve had for years.

God dammit, Queens Birthday is still our grand final. At least until September!

Last edited:

Big-Freeze-4-Logo-1.png

www.fightmnd.org.au

View attachment 510223

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/. Viewers can watch games on Foxtel or via XBox or the T-Box. Telstra Customers can also live stream the game via the AFL app (Conditions Apply).

Please DO NOT post asking for links to streams in the Gameday thread. Your Account Will be suspended for a day.

----------------------

Big Freeze 4 from 2pm.
Donate at www.fightmnd.org.au

Man I was so hoping to do this GDT.

BTW get your phone on the charger.

Its a bit odd reading their preview thread. Its a mixture of many of their fans tossing themselves off to Phillips and Grundy, and how 'their midfield bats deeper', and how 'Grundy will show Gawn who the real premier ruck of the competition is' but also a whole lot of 'Melbourne fans are getting ahead of themselves after a few big wins, we'll belt them if we're at our best'. Apparently the umpires are in on the job too, and will make sure we Do It For Neale (tm).

Despite the embarrassment of Rd 23, we finished well above them last season. We also finished a game ahead in 2016, for that matter. There is no reason beside utter pigheadedness to think they're a better side than us and will beat us by right. I've probably answered my own statement there. I'm thrilled that Buckley has finally started coaching well after seven seasons and one dismantled Premiership list, but what's with their complete hypocrisy around getting ahead of oneself?

I think we'll win by three goals, personally. Grundy and Gawn will be a stalemate. Expect Pendles to run with Oliver, but Jones to run with Pendles to try keep him away. Vince is at a bit of a loose end, given how young and quick their medium forwards/wingers are. Perhaps he keeps his eye on Wells, or goes third man with Smith? We need Hibberd and Lewis in good form mopping up, Salem and Brayshaw to continue the improvement, Harmes, ANB, Hannan and Fritsch to do their all-rounder jobs, and McDonald and Hogan to lead high and burn Dunn on the lead and make life difficult for an undersized but very competent Scharenberg. Big chance for Pedo too, 8-10 marks and a couple of goals would be brilliant. No bombing the ball into the 50, given old mate 38. Big chance for Spargo, after they dropped their best small defender. Viney missed Rd 23, lets hope he flies the flag early and across all four quarters. Most importantly, Petracca needs to be at 100% because he'll probably end up being our 1V1 option in the F50.

Last edited:
I am predicting an eight goal + win to the Dees. We’ve been just dismantling sides and I think we’ll have a point to prove after last years round 23 debacle. Plus we will be nice and fresh after a long break.
Another lovely % booster and against the filth too, it’s going to be very enjoyable.
Hogan and TMAC to run riot.

I am predicting an eight goal + win to the Dees. We’ve been just dismantling sides and I think we’ll have a point to prove after last years round 23 debacle. Plus we will be nice and fresh after a long break.
Another lovely % booster and against the filth too, it’s going to be very enjoyable.
God i hope so.... Tomorrow me is going ot get mad if we don't

They'll find a way to blame the umps for that as well. I don't think we'll crush them but I think we'll have all the answers. I think Collingwood supporters haven't taken notice of how well our forward lune has been functioning and how well our ball movement has been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one thing concerns me about this game. Pies fast hard running small/mid forwards and phillips on a wing could prove a handful for our defenders who aren't overly blessed with pace. neither is our midfield really. if we have some problems with defensive set ups because of Lever being out, the Pies have the speed to blow some holes through it. other than that, I think we have them covered in the contested ball and in our forward half.

Probably been good i've been suspended for a week so i didnt go nuts on this board about how scared i am about this game
i think we win but im still so scared. its a massive game for our club. biggest game in the last ten years. This is what i've been waiting for i hope we win

Probably been good i've been suspended for a week so i didnt go nuts on this board about how scared i am about this game
i think we win but im still so scared. its a massive game for our club. biggest game in the last ten years. This is what i've been waiting for i hope we win
Bigger than the last game of the season last year?

This is a home and away game against a team in decent form. A win would be fantastic in continuing our good season so far and would help get us back to playing finals, a loss will be disappointing, though it won’t be the end of the world.

Things that concern me:
1. Massive build up w/ Freeze MND & media talk re: our awesome form = Melbourne players overwhelmed/s**t the bed.
2. We've won six in a row, we're due for a loss at some point.

As big as this game is- AND BOY IS IT BIG!!!!- I reckon next week's clash- DEES V JACK WATTS is the one I'm REALLY excited about.
Can't wait to see FATTY MCCARTIN again either!!!!

FOOTY'S GREAT!!!

ANYWAY-
WHOOH OOOOOO!!! GAME DAY!!! * YOU COLLINGWOOD!

Bigger than the last game of the season last year?

This is a home and away game against a team in decent form. A win would be fantastic in continuing our good season so far and would help get us back to playing finals, a loss will be disappointing, though it won’t be the end of the world.

Yeah great point. But if you take the fact the crowd size, all eyes on this game, finals like atomsphere if we win we stamp ourself as a legit threat this year.
Grab second spot and be a game clear of the 5 to 8 pack. Set ourselfs up nicely going into the break

But your right it won’t be the end of the world. But I’ll be diamond hard if we get up today...my missus will be happy

Things that concern me:
1. Massive build up w/ Freeze MND & media talk re: our awesome form = Melbourne players overwhelmed/s**t the bed.
2. We've won six in a row, we're due for a loss at some point.

As big as this game is- AND BOY IS IT BIG!!!!- I reckon next week's clash- DEES V JACK WATTS is the one I'm REALLY excited about.
Can't wait to see FATTY MCCARTIN again either!!!!

FOOTY'S GREAT!!!

ANYWAY-
WHOOH OOOOOO!!! GAME DAY!!! **** YOU COLLINGWOOD!

Stay of the coffee bro or whatever.

Big opportunity win we will go to second with a healthy percentage lose and we slip back with the rest of the pack not disastrous as we will stay where we are. I really want our team to make a statement and be a top four team not a team that is just filling in the eight.

Unless they smash us we shouldn’t be melting if we lose. Hard to judge both teams this year and whilst I’m expecting a win should the pies get up by a couple goals it isn’t the end of the world.

I'm strangely confident as I think we match up relatively well against them

Our midfield can go toe-to-toe with theirs (and win) whilst their key defenders won't be able to go with Hoges & TMAC

30 pt win with Lynden Dunn giving away 5 free kicks and 2x50M penalties

On paper Melbourne should win this. I respect Collingwood though, and if the team coughs up enough opportunities like they did against the Dogs then it will be a loss.

This is all about mental toughness and therefore taking the step to being real top 4 contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back