Preview Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda - TIO Traeger Park, Saturday 29th August, 7:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not expecting Battle to play key defence. I thibk he plays a similar role to when Carlisle was rested 2 weeks ago.

I just prefer the two key defenders. I don't think Wilkie is quite that and prefer seeing him freed up in the air.

I also think that Jake has been very good this year outside of his last couple of weeks. Seems harsh to me.

I'm honestly not that fussed about it, just not the way I would have liked.

Coffield is our main intercept marking weapon this season I reckon, which is why they are comfortable dropping Carlisle.

He has been sensational in that role this year.

"omitting" Carlisle is a slap in the face. He definitely doesn't deserve to be dropped, if he needs to be "managed" at least have the decency to say that.

If you're going to drop a senior player, Carlisle is nowhere near the top of the list of guys that have routinely performed below expectations this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you are right, but even with him in we have a mountain more run than them.

I hope we aren't throwing all our eggs into the same basket.

Leg speed is great when you are winning the footy.
Think we will win plenty of our own ball, Melbourne are an average side and those going on about Carlisle's form as the reason he was omitted mustn't have seen the in's for the week.

I don't mind it really. Everyone went off when Ratts decided to play Ryder & Marshall and it's turned out he was right.

He has got us to 8-5, clearly there's a decision to run them off their feet on a big ground tomorrow night, and think he has nailed the selections.

Not to mention Carlisle is one of the oldest players on the list and most likely will need to be managed through the next block of games. Giving him a solid 2 weeks off will do good for him.

"omitting" Carlisle is a slap in the face. He definitely doesn't deserve to be dropped, if he needs to be "managed" at least have the decency to say that.

If you're going to drop a senior player, Carlisle is nowhere near the top of the list of guys that have routinely performed below expectations this year.
Yeah exactly my thoughts. Making a statement omitting him. Wasn't great last week for sure, but overall has been good this year and there are definitely some others you would think could be before him.

I can't help it, I absolutely detest Fritch's head.
I hate his screwed up rat like face, I hate his hair, I hate the way he plays football, and I think he has the most punchable face in football.
And I reckon he would smell worse than neckbeard.
So glad I don't have to look at that hideous bonce on the weekend.

C’mon Joffa, you got to say it like ya mean it.

08FA1F85-01F8-46FF-A3A2-494D8EEB9D21.gif

Strewth! Glad ya can’t see my head. 🥴🥴🥴

So which was it for him or was it both?

Bit disappointed in Ratts - what was he saying about selection integrity at the start of the year?
Can’t remember but happy dropping guys for better proven players. Not happy dropping guys for unproven players. No idea why he was dropped. I was just trying to prove he was in the best 8 which I reckon was clear to those who watched. We won the next week so hard to argue with the decision. You can and I may as well. The problem is proving you are right. One is fact. The other is guess work.

Think we will win plenty of our own ball, Melbourne are an average side and those going on about Carlisle's form as the reason he was omitted mustn't have seen the in's for the week.

I don't mind it really. Everyone went off when Ratts decided to play Ryder & Marshall and it's turned out he was right.

He has got us to 8-5, clearly there's a decision to run them off their feet on a big ground tomorrow night, and think he has nailed the selections.

Not to mention Carlisle is one of the oldest players on the list and most likely will need to be managed through the next block of games. Giving him a solid 2 weeks off will do good for him.
Melbourne are inconsistent. Not sure that makes them average. Their best is good. Their worst is very bad. They have mids that can make or fail in a game. We have a much better back and forward line. This is no certainty.

If Carlisle was dropped for a tactical reason they would have just said managed, rather than omitted.

No, I saw who came in.

Of course I trust Ratten, he clearly knows more than you and I.

Doesn't mean we can't question it. Also doesn't mean I'm that upset about it.

I was dead set against Wilkie playing as a key defender in round one when Battle couldn't get a game. I think it cost us even though he kept his opponent to one goal because he wasn't able to play to his strengths and from memory didn't take one mark for the day.

If he's being managed I think they would have stated that.

I can't help it, I absolutely detest Fritch's head.
I hate his screwed up rat like face, I hate his hair, I hate the way he plays football, and I think he has the most punchable face in football.
And I reckon he would smell worse than neckbeard.
So glad I don't have to look at that hideous bonce on the weekend.
Harmes is even worse imo

Back