Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

All year I've traded injured players immediately with varied success. Against my better judgement I've held Rocky through his injury and bye, is it too late to trade now? I could afford anyone cheaper than Jelly - ie. Duncan, Treloar, Fyfe or I could trade Macrae back in :drunk:
TBH....you're better off with any of those 4 anyway.

How comes there’s no love for Mitch Duncan? Imo every bit as good a pick as Gaff
My sneaky pick who has done me well for the past 4 weeks. Absolute champ, and always a unique

Is there a stigma around owning too many players from the one team? Kelly, Danger, Stewart, Duncan etc. I know subconsciously I don't like looking at my team and having four or five players from the same team. It's a pretty stupid way to look at it but I know that sort of subconscious thought goes on when I'm trading in players.

Before I pull the trigger, I thought I might scope here to find out if there is any interest...I know it's early and plenty still have their eyes firmly on 2019, including myself...but,

Would anybody be interested in a 2020 corrections thread? Basically a little diary/almanac of things you thought you could've or should've done better. Like for example, since March I've been adding to a document of mine with mistakes and how I could negate it in 2020. And it's been more useful than I can imagine...here's something I wrote prior to round 1.

Collectively we could add to it and have somewhat a rule book/guide on what things have worked well and didn't in the past.

Would this be something people would be keen on?

That's a yes from me.

Hi All,

Need a bit of help, now just outside top 200 so doing ok.

This is going to be my worst Bye week so need to try to maximise my score to maintain with the top teams. Only got 18 playing this week before trades.

Team is as follows:

Backs: Lloyd, Sicily, Laird, Smith, Stewart, Stack (Emerg: Logue & Naish)
Mids: Jelly, Cogs, Treloar, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunkley, Brouch, Baker (Emerg: Bewley & Hind)
Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Emerg: Fort & Cameron)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Boak, Telly, Worpel, Martin, Ziebell (Emerg: Rozee & Parker)

Cash in bank is $253k before trades

Really want to bring in a gun midfielder like a Gaff, Macrae or even Brayshaw.

Will trade Stack out, but not sure to who, maybe Daniel or Hurn if he's fit? May also trade Smith out too. Will trade Rozee out next week, unless I should trade him out this week to get $$$

Any ideas as I can't see too many good rookies to downgrade as I already brought in Logue last week?

You could upgrade Worpel to anyone if you swap Dunkley Fwd.....don't know how that move affects your bye tho

Before I pull the trigger, I thought I might scope here to find out if there is any interest...I know it's early and plenty still have their eyes firmly on 2019, including myself...but,

Would anybody be interested in a 2020 corrections thread? Basically a little diary/almanac of things you thought you could've or should've done better. Like for example, since March I've been adding to a document of mine with mistakes and how I could negate it in 2020. And it's been more useful than I can imagine...here's something I wrote prior to round 1.

Collectively we could add to it and have somewhat a rule book/guide on what things have worked well and didn't in the past.

For noobs like myself it would be a very handy resource.....played Fantasy for the 1st time last year and ended up around 7k after entering in Rnd 3. Learnt a bit and this forum helped immensely. I've done well over the bye rounds so far this year but have come from way too far back.
I've been very careful to not sideways premos and held Brayshaw and Dunkley over their shite runs, has helped now tho by getting a full team coming out of the byes. My biggest regrets tho are not starting the guys that I thought were set up for role changes/coming off injuries...ie: Boak, Sheed, Libba. Also not starting with the 2 'set n forget' rucks hurt too.

I honestly don't think he is close to a top 8 mid.

I'd rank the following above him:
J.Kelly
T.Taranto
Coniglio
Treloar
Z.Merrett
Gaff
M.Duncan
Fyfe
Henderson

And even then, you could make a case for Macrae, Crouch brothers, L.NEale, Fiorini, Oliver etc.

So yeah, Cripps ain't a top 8 mid.

Disagree

Fyfe not as potent in AF as SC
Henderson???

Cripps and Macrae come into your 8 for those 2.

Also not sure the 3 GWS boys all stay hot post bye but not sure which will drop!! :)

Thoughts on Fyfe? Take out injury affected score and he’s averaging 109, top 8 material. 8 of 10 completed games are 100+, consistent as. Not a huge ceiling, but you know you’ll get a nice score every week
Got him in last week, there may be better cos I think I got confused between AF and SC (he's much more viable in SC) Actually, there were * all Rnd 12 mids to choose from

*edit...guess it depends on where he's gonna sit in your mids....ie: who else is there at mo?

Got him in last week, there may be better cos I think I got confused between AF and SC (he's much more viable in SC) Actually, there were **** all Rnd 12 mids to choose from

*edit...guess it depends on where he's gonna sit in your mids....ie: who else is there at mo?
Would be M4 behind Treloar, Brouch, Coniglio. Cripps, Brayshaw, Macrae the other 3 premo mids

I think Fyfe is a solid pick.....are Zerret/Gaff options? I guess the GWS boys aren't an option this week
Have got the coin for Gaff, but when I break down the numbers, Fyfe seems as consistent as Gaff, only thing that helps Gaff is a higher ceiling. But 65k difference, equivalent of 10 points almost. I see Fyfe as a 110 average from here, Gaff 112-114. Not sure I can justify the 65k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hell yess
like you - im doing something simillar for myself for next year.
happy to add + share

some of my "learnings" :
-dont worry about player byes till at least rnd 10-11 (ie: its not a factor when bringing in players until then)
-no such thing as too many players from one team. if they're good - get them
-dont be afraid to wait a week on rookies to see their 1st game performance. most they will go up is 42k
-a 170k rookie has a BE of 26
-1st 3 rounds its okay to trade premo's. after that its rookie / cash generation game
-one up + one down is almost always better. If you double down you may get injuries next week.

Interesting what happens at GWS now...do they just drop the tag or does someone else do it? Noticed Taranto did it a bit in the last qtr of last week, and Cogs has done it before. Don't think it'll affect their scoring too much either way but one to monitor.

Change of tack now that Rockliff has come undone!
Naish > Logue
B Smith > Lloyd
Rockstrung > Gaff

Have to hold Newnes again:eek:.
Fingers crossed on Grundy!

Last edited:
Interesting what happens at GWS now...do they just drop the tag or does someone else do it? Noticed Taranto did it a bit in the last qtr of last week, and Cogs has done it before. Don't think it'll affect their scoring too much either way but one to monitor.
I think they just go head to head with the opposition midfield, not many midfields that can beat Taranto, Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper etc.

I believe they will continue to run with a tag. It's worked so well for them before, they have even been running 2 the past two weeks! Not sure who does it! But giants always pluck good players from no where

The longer this week goes on the more time I have to overthink and make bad trade decisions.

I have waited all this time to finally upgrade Witts to Grundy. $190k is a hefty price to pay to upgrade a guy averaging 100, but Grundy is next level and a genuine captaincy option and I have paid the price not owning him in a few rounds.

Initial trade plans

Witts to Grundy
Stack to Sicily
Rozee to Stewart

Was just having a play around with trades and I could also go

Stack to Hurn
Rozee to Sicily
Smith to Crisp/Salem/Stewart

That would basically top up my backline in one week with the only upgrade left being a Perryman to Houli/Laird at some point.

I think I know the answer but do I risk not being able to get Grundy and do three upgrades in the backline or do I just go the safe plan and Witts to Grundy and keep Smith for now?

The longer this week goes on the more time I have to overthink and make bad trade decisions.

I have waited all this time to finally upgrade Witts to Grundy. $190k is a hefty price to pay to upgrade a guy averaging 100, but Grundy is next level and a genuine captaincy option and I have paid the price not owning him in a few rounds.

Initial trade plans

Witts to Grundy
Stack to Sicily
Rozee to Stewart

Was just having a play around with trades and I could also go

Stack to Hurn
Rozee to Sicily
Smith to Crisp/Salem/Stewart

That would basically top up my backline in one week with the only upgrade left being a Perryman to Houli/Laird at some point.

I think I know the answer but do I risk not being able to get Grundy and do three upgrades in the backline or do I just go the safe plan and Witts to Grundy and keep Smith for now?
I would keep Smith because won't you need all three of Houli, Laird and Whitfield at some point? No point filling your backline up with those fringe top 6 guys like Stewart and Sicily if you need to trade them for Houli, Laird or Whitfield at a later date.

Go for the must have, you can always upgrade around Perryman and Smith at a later date. Neither is losing value or scoring badly at the moment.

I'm dumb and didn't even consider swinging Daniel back. So now I have 5 premiums down back + Duursma post-byes, 7 premium mids + Baker and complete rucks and forwards.

I'm a bit nervous over cash generation for the next few weeks, and in particular the JS of a lot of my rooks.

Current Rookies I have are:

Def: Logue (good JS but a worry with injuries)
Naish (probably gone when Short is back)
Duursma (gone to Laird next week)
Mid: Bewley (shaky JS, could go with Cerra back)
Hind (possibly gone with Hannebery debut)
Fwd: Gardner (very ordinary, probably make way for Schache)
Parker (will go to help fund Laird inclusion)

So out of the 7 rooks I have left only one seems like a keeper and I'll only have 6 left after next week with 5 of them potentially out. It's definitely a worry and something I'm going to have to spend a bit of time on.
ATS sweating on West and Jackson Ross

Here’s a challenge. Need 2 mids for exactly 1.4m or less.

Gaff and Bray is what I’ve come up with. Can anyone do better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back