Mod. Notice Round 14 - Wickzki Week

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of things

First and foremost, I wanted to apologise to those of you who I haven't reached out to thank for donating yet. I promise I'll get to it.

Secondly, I'm scheduled for eye surgery at the PAH on Monday. Originally I was going to have the right eye operated on and then they were going to operate on the left when the right was good to go.

Unfortunately with my medjc emergency a couple of weeks ago they've changed their minds. The left needs a vystrectomy first and foremost. The damage is coming hard and fast on that side (when I lay down I can now see splotcjhes of blood impacting my vision, etc.).

So after pre-qfmission today it has been fe used that I'll be having a vystrectomy in my left eye on Monday as well as laser eye surgery on both eyes.

I'll be a pirate for a few weeks on the left but Google tells me that laser eye surgery shows signs of visible improvement within 6 hours or so of surgery..

I don't know how long I'll be off BjgFkkty for after this week but I wanted to share my love and appreciation of you all and to wish you and the club the best of luck while I'm away.

Thanks.
All the best for the weeks ahead. I'll be thinking of you and yours, and praying for best outcome. You've been through a lot and I appreciate the way you positively contribute in this space.

A couple of things

First and foremost, I wanted to apologise to those of you who I haven't reached out to thank for donating yet. I promise I'll get to it.

Secondly, I'm scheduled for eye surgery at the PAH on Monday. Originally I was going to have the right eye operated on and then they were going to operate on the left when the right was good to go.

Unfortunately with my medjc emergency a couple of weeks ago they've changed their minds. The left needs a vystrectomy first and foremost. The damage is coming hard and fast on that side (when I lay down I can now see splotcjhes of blood impacting my vision, etc.).

So after pre-qfmission today it has been fe used that I'll be having a vystrectomy in my left eye on Monday as well as laser eye surgery on both eyes.

I'll be a pirate for a few weeks on the left but Google tells me that laser eye surgery shows signs of visible improvement within 6 hours or so of surgery..

I don't know how long I'll be off BjgFooty for after this week but I wanted to share my love and appreciation of you all and to wish you and the club the best of luck while I'm away.

Thanks.
You’ve got this Wick!

Looking forward to a particularly verbose offering in Sunday’s game day thread before a short “radio silence”.

Wick just got out of surgery and sends his love to everyone on here. He's going to be discharged soonish. Don't know when he's going to be back online though.

He sent a voice message through messenger.

Hi all

Just a quick note to say thanks for all of the love and to say thanks to Dramoth on posting my update.

Docs say surgery was a success but now it's time to heal. I should be back on in a few days

Hopefully autocorrect helps make this readable.

Hi all

Just a quick note to say thanks for all of the love and to say thanks to Dramoth on posting my update.

Docs say surgery was a success but now it's time to heal. I should be back on in a few days

All the best, Wick. This place is always poorer without you.

Hi all

The doctors turned his eye into a demons eye… I have photographic proof!

The doctors turned his eye into a demons eye… I have photographic proof!

I may have come across someone from BF today when I was on my way to the optometrist to get better post op care than the hospital ga E me.

If you and your Mum have followed the Blues since coming to Australia jn 1972 and you told a demon today then I apologise for being rude.

Dealing with a gas bubble on the eye which is to support the retina post op. My right eye is limited but the best I've got right now.

I may pop up over the next couple of weeks but until it dissipates I'm probably worse off than the last month in the very short term

Love to all

Yeah my mate had that. At the same time he had an unbalanced "girlfriend" who took his car...

Ouch. That's ****ed up. I'm thankful to have a very supportive partner who deals with ally s**t and our AAD ADHD 8 year old.

I couldn't imaand gine dealing with crazy right now or doing it alone. Had the ability to ipy supports. I feel for them. It'd be absolutely impossible to function. At least I can struggle on and find a few moments here and there on my phone (probably stupidly).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back