Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 14 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year was what then? We have plenty of depth, just need to find form.
The teams around and below us last year had more depth (and upside) with their lists and have zoomed straight past us. We missed the finals last year after a poor finish to the year, that’s not the “what” we should accept for sustained success

The teams around and below us last year had more depth (and upside) with their lists and have zoomed straight past us. We missed the finals last year after a poor finish to the year, that’s not the “what” we should accept for sustained success

My point is our depth was fine last year, we should've played finals. What's changed this year?

My point is our depth was fine last year, we should've played finals. What's changed this year?

If we beat Hawthorn after the bye (which I think we should given their best player Sicily is out suspended) I think finals talk is well and truly back on the agenda.

We still have a pulse (albeit a smallish one) but we seem to be under Voss a streaky team, so if we knock off the Hawks, who knows ?

A month ago, Richmond was written off as any finals chance.

If we beat Hawthorn after the bye (which I think we should given their best player Sicily is out suspended) I think finals talk is well and truly back on the agenda.

We still have a pulse (albeit a smallish one) but we seem to be under Voss a streaky team, so if we knock off the Hawks, who knows ?

The less expectations the better, unfortunately.

If we could just beat one or two of Pies, Port, Saints and Dees in the run home I’d be thrilled

Saints aren’t in the same class as those other three. We should’ve beat them earlier in the year. I certainly think we should beat them later in the year.

I’d like to think we could beat one of Port and Melbourne too. Collingwood are at an another level altogether.

It’s not over until it’s over…

Saints aren’t in the same class as those other three. We should’ve beat them earlier in the year. I certainly think we should beat them later in the year.

I’d like to think we could beat one of Port and Melbourne too. Collingwood are at an another level altogether.

It’s not over until it’s over…

No need to limit ourselves, we should have won the two games against Collingwood last year despite being decimated by injury on both occasions

Last edited:

First can I say I love your optimism.

We are not winning eight of our last nine games to make finals.

People need to put this win into perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First can I say I love your optimism.

We are not winning eight of our last nine games to make finals.

People need to put this win into perspective.
No they don't. People can take whatever they like from it. Some continue the criticism and misery, others like the positive signs that came from the win.

I estimate we need a minimum of 48 points to play finals; so I believe 7 wins out of the final 9 should do it.

Besides the 4 games we are expected to win; we need 3 wins out of 5 games against Freo (away), Port (home), Pies, Saints, Dees. Unlikely but not impossible; Caaarn Caaarlton.

10 touches in a full game of footy hardly makes him untouchable. Fog is a fringe player who was serviceable.

Will come down to team balance and the opposition.

Hear what you are saying but he seemed more effective than both Durdin and Motlop have been plus he was used as a rotation at centre bounces which I guess gives Voss more flexibility in shuffling players around in game.

Don't think we have any other viable options at this point so am thinking he will stay in for now.

I think we need to lose this whole tanking/playing for draft picks mentality. It possibly has in our case contributed to a poor/losing culture over the years imo.

We need to develop a winning culture (like the pre 2002 Carlton) where defeat is unacceptable. Tanking, high draft picks, green shoots and the latest in vogue buzzword nourishment, are words that need to be abolished from the Carlton vernacular!

Forget about draft picks i say and finish the season as strong as possible. We're still in with an outside chance of playing finals footy after all, despite being so poor for most of the year.
Not enough likes for such a post = POTY.

Our best chance of winning enough games to make finals is to somehow fool our players with where we are on the ladder…

in reality we move up the ladder but somehow our players need to think we are still well away from top 8…that we can’t make finals. If they get Any hint that we make finals it will completely blow our chances.

Our best chance of winning enough games to make finals is to somehow fool our players with where we are on the ladder…

in reality we move up the ladder but somehow our players need to think we are still well away from top 8…that we can’t make finals. If they get Any hint that we make finals it will completely blow our chances.

Is that math rock. Axe ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back