Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 14 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks have changed the way they play fair bit this year. They are far more focussed at winning clearance than they were last year which is what understandable in Mitchell’s first year but I think what we are currently seeing is more in line with how Mitchell wants them to play.

When they played us last year they were in retreat early after our strong start and just took the game back to effort and pressure which almost worked. It’ll be interesting to see if they revert to that plan for our game or try and play their new style. I suspect they will do a bit of both.
Hawks Gold Coast game will be of interest....

Buoyed by this win I thought I’d do a ladder predictor to see where we could end up. I don’t know if I was too harsh with our team or too generous to some other teams but we finished up 13th.

Bottom line is we need to win 7-8 of our next 9. Tuff ask based on current form (bar suns win) but can never tell.

Buoyed by this win I thought I’d do a ladder predictor to see where we could end up. I don’t know if I was too harsh with our team or too generous to some other teams but we finished up 13th.

Bottom line is we need to win 7-8 of our next 9. Tuff ask based on current form (bar suns win) but can never tell.
13th sounds pretty bad but how many games out of the 8 did that have us based on your predictions?

13th sounds pretty bad but how many games out of the 8 did that have us based on your predictions?
Yeah not enough…Another 4 wins so total 9 wins total plus the draw.

Think I’ll do it again but have us winning 8 of the remaining 9. I’ve got to get us there one way or another :huh:

Some analysis.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.To me this reinforces my personal view that a lot of the fault of our 6 game losing streak lies with the players more than the coaches.

It’ll be interesting to see if the Suns will was a “penny drop” moment or the players in particular Cripps and Walsh revert to playing “hero ball” as they have much of the season.

Back