Preview Round 15, 2018 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need less ‘AFL quality’ players and more ‘Quality AFL’ players. Me thinks!

Naturally, but you won't find a list in the AFL that doesn't need AFL Quality depth. You can't have 44 superstars and we're building the quality talent through the draft and trade.

Great to see Mitch Hinge named as an emergency (first time?), all the emergencies usually travel to Perth don't they?
No just one, Jason. Two only if someone is under an injury cloud. We'll find out who the travelling emergency is when the twos line up in Sydney tomorrow, unless someone is at the airport or it's leaked on twitter etc.

I'm a bit surprised that Jake Barrett is an in, he doesn't do a hell of a lot for me, solid footballer but certainly doesn't put much fear into defenders coming out of the D50, another one of our above NEAFL and below AFL standard players IMO.

Great to see Mitch Hinge named as an emergency (first time?), all the emergencies usually travel to Perth don't they?
Heard this morning only take 2 players a mid and a tall who was Frost.I missed the mid they were taking.

Dodongo can't wait to see Barrett light it up
latest

We will be stuffed if Steph goes down (or wins the lotto and retires) and we have to replace him with a player whose experience is at neafl pace.

Oscar is clearly our next ruck after Steph and is being consistently played in the ones to develop, not just playing as a forward. Future proofing as opposed to playing to win now. I'm fine with it.

We will be stuffed if Steph goes down (or wins the lotto and retires) and we have to replace him with a player whose experience is at neafl pace.

Oscar is clearly our next ruck after Steph and is being consistently played in the ones to develop, not just playing as a forward. Future proofing as opposed to playing to win now. I'm fine with it.

Dodongo agrees. Dodongo needs to see Oscar in the team for the rest of the year.

The Barrett selection is puzzling. Has kicked 8.7 in the NEAFL in 8 matches. Watch out...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still can't believe Dawson isn't being considered when we have won 1 game and his neafl form has been good. Watched this guy win Aspley a neafl gf (as a 17 yr old ) when he went forward a couple of years ago so he has talent. Unlike others he hasn't hit his ceiling yet

Still can't believe Dawson isn't being considered when we have won 1 game and his neafl form has been good. Watched this guy win Aspley a neafl gf (as a 17 yr old ) when he went forward a couple of years ago so he has talent. Unlike others he hasn't hit his ceiling yet

Multiple variables to selection, - I agree though, would love to see him get a chance.

His NEAFL form hasn’t been good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch the games?

No as I was interstate but I have seen enough to know he can play and that everybody is not treated equal at the selection table which is probably why we never play our best 22 and therefore have lost 31 of our last 35 games.

No as I was interstate but I have seen enough to know he can play and that everybody is not treated equal at the selection table which is probably why we never play our best 22 and therefore have lost 31 of our last 35 games.

I’d advise you visit the NEAFL YouTube channel and see how bad the NEAFL is and how Dawson has been average defensively and how bad his ball use has been.

Not many people commenting on the Sam Mayes omission. One would think it should've come weeks ago...Fagan seems willing to swing the axe with some players, but he's certainly given Mayes plenty of time to sort himself out in the seniors - perhaps he may be a protected species of some sort, or has a lot of goodwill in the bank with Fagan. Regardless, hope he finds his mojo again back in the 2s and comes back and reaches his potential in the seniors.

Not many people commenting on the Sam Mayes omission. One would think it should've come weeks ago...Fagan seems willing to swing the axe with some players, but he's certainly given Mayes plenty of time to sort himself out in the seniors - perhaps he may be a protected species of some sort, or has a lot of goodwill in the bank with Fagan. Regardless, hope he finds his mojo again back in the 2s and comes back and reaches his potential in the seniors.

Dumbest post ever

Dumbest post ever

Whys that, seems a logical point of view to me. With selection there seems to be no logic or common sense ie with Andrews coming out most other clubs would have played Frost. Don't like Damien Barrett but his sliding doors post on the Lions sums up our club to a tee

"we're happy to hear you, and respect that. But we still don't see it. All we can see is a one-win season after 13 games and a few players who don't hurt enough in losses."

Sam Mayes has now been dropped twice this year. Hard to imagine him being a protected species. Doesn’t seem to fit.

Whys that, seems a logical point of view to me. With selection there seems to be no logic or common sense ie with Andrews coming out most other clubs would have played Frost. Don't like Damien Barrett but his sliding doors post on the Lions sums up our club to a tee

"we're happy to hear you, and respect that. But we still don't see it. All we can see is a one-win season after 13 games and a few players who don't hurt enough in losses."
Mayes was only just back in the side for the last 2 games, after 8 weeks out, and his omission should have come weeks ago? :huh:
You're as dumb as each other.

One of the great games of all time that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back