Unofficial Preview Round 15 2020 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I had expected there to be more rotation of fringe players during this period. But I am ok with the lineup. I am guessing they were reasonably happy with the performance last week.

It's only the first game in this stretch. I can't imagine that every player who got through this particular five day turn-around will get through the next, and the one after.

But I also think the injuries all season have forced our hand and we've had no choice but to rotate fringe players. Very few players on our list haven't had at least a few games this year - Naismith, Gould, Maibaum, Franklin, Reynolds, O'Connor, Rowles, Amartey and Knoll the only ones.

Sarcasm?

I thought they were the bad guys who are responsible for the lack of info and inaccurate info.

she has no control over footy info like injuries etc, they are pretty engaged i reckon

she has no control over footy info like injuries etc, they are pretty engaged i reckon

Agreed the media team do as instructed. I've really liked their work with the debut reveals this year, phone calls to parents etc. Not an easy job generating excitement in a lousy season like this but they do their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bud, soft tissue management - hamstrings are close to career threatening.

while a bit off topic - name three Harley achievements.

He got elected to governance committe to distribute charity funds for the afl

got longmire to sign

got sponsor to replace Citibank

i mean he is ceo, what are his KPIs?

He got elected to governance committe to distribute charity funds for the afl

got longmire to sign

got sponsor to replace Citibank

i mean he is ceo, what are his KPIs?
Memberships have remained solid, the club is ok financially, there’s no shortage of sponsors, the club hasn’t been embroiled in any significant scandals.

As CEO, I think he’s probably met most of his KPIs.

Do you really want to debut Amartey against Gawn?

I think the thing people seem to be forgetting is that we already are looking at the youth, and have been doing it all year, and to a lesser extent, the last few years. The team on the weekend will have Wicks (20 yrs, 11 mths), McCartin (20 yrs, 8 mths), Blakey (20 yrs, 6 mths), McInerney (20 yrs), and Rowbottom (19 yrs and 11 mths).

That's already a lot of youth. We've cycled through a handful of others in recent weeks - Bell, Ling, Stoddart, Foot, Stephens, Elijah and Warner - all of whose impact has been minimal anyway. If the rest - Amartey, Gould, Rowles etc - aren't ready, and demanding selection, then they're not ready, and shouldn't be selected.

I get Horse's logic in trying to field the best team possible. It does those five kids in the team no favours to be getting trounced. I may not agree with Horse on what that best team is (for example I'd definitely have Stephens over Clarke, and I would've found a place for McLean), but I get the logic. We're in the fortunate position of having already cycled through quite a lot of our youth and got a better idea of where they're at than say, Hawthorn, who now have less than a month to try and sift through which of their youngsters are any good, hence Clarkson's panicked melt last night. There's just no need for us to throw up the white flag and turn ourselves into a basket case with a month left.

This does not mean I am not livid about the McLean omission though.

I find the bolded quite extraordinary. I never would have thought Wicks was older than McCartin.
Goes to show I keep forgetting Tom was the youngest drafted in his year, and this is his third year playing, but Sam's first.
Tom doesn't seem so young - he plays with greater maturity.

What’s the story there? Sydney chasing him mate?
Speculation only.

But we wanted him in his draft year (you just had a slightly earlier pick), he’s out of contract AND we do love a player who can’t get to training on time.

PS: kudos for identifying that Cotchin does indeed sport a dead ferret on his noggin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back