Game Day Round 15, 2021: Richmond v St.Kilda *CONNOLLY DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our most pressing issue at the moment is goal-kicking. Fix that and we would actually be 8-5 right now.

Every week we kick ourselves out of games. We never punish our opposition for missing because we miss ourselves.

There are obviously many different issues going on but if you look at the one KPI that would drastically change our outcomes it's the goalkicking and until we fix it we won't win many games.
As I've posted before our poor goal kicking is just the pointy end of a bigger problem. We are just a team with generally poor kicking skills. If we can't hit targets when under no pressure 30 metres away then why are we surprised when we can't kick clutch goals?

Watch the replay of our game against the Crows. Completely on top in the first half, under very little pressure and we still continually missed targets. It's no surprise to me whenever I see a score line like 3.7 or 5.8 during a game. It's simply a reflection of our general poor skill level.

I agree that goal kicking has been a big blight on our season but it should be judged as part of a bigger problem with no easy fix.

Let's hope tonight is the one game in ten when we get it right. We'll need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratt's looking relaxed and happy in the latest presser a far cry from what he looked like pre-bye... upset on the cards?
He's an optimist and trusts the players. It's pre-match.

Doubt he'll have the same sunny demeanor after watching his players choose not to apply enough effort to win a game for him.

Seb usually tags him and effectively as well. Some of his best games have come against Dusty. I wouldn’t mind using McKenzie against Bolton either. The junkyard dog can run all day.
Who does Dunstan play on?

Dunstan, Wood & McKenzie against the reigning premiers - sheesh

God I miss those days. Nothing calmed me down more than an intense keyboard Richo bash. Inappropriate, but well worth the embarrassment.

It was a simpler time, a time when our hatred could be focused on one man. Now in these complex modern times our focus is spread thin blaming everyone involved in football for all the world's ills.

Who does Dunstan play on?

Dunstan, Wood & McKenzie against the reigning premiers - sheesh
The dumpster & ross will rotate on Martin at a guess. We’ll utilise Steele up forward more this game. With the slippery conditions - it probably suits dunny more in the middle. Can extract it better than most and just needs to get it long.

I really want to see Billing’s off the half back tonight and Long deep forward. Keeping that ball locked in is what will determine this game.

For the record I actually think we have a sneaky chance. It’s that type of year. It’ll come down to one or two players and if we can mitigate their influence. For mine it’s more Bolton, Edwards & our forward pressure. Those are the keys.

Just have a feeling this could be Battles break out game. If he can stand up and kick a few in the wet - the confidence will be sky high. The other one I keep banging on about is Long. I know he has it in him - just hasn’t clicked yet. It will.

The dumpster & ross will rotate on Martin at a guess. We’ll utilise Steele up forward more this game. With the slippery conditions - it probably suits dunny more in the middle. Can extract it better than most and just needs to get it long.

I really want to see Billing’s off the half back tonight and Long deep forward. Keeping that ball locked in is what will determine this game.

For the record I actually think we have a sneaky chance. It’s that type of year. It’ll come down to one or two players and if we can mitigate their influence. For mine it’s more Bolton, Edwards & our forward pressure. Those are the keys.

Just have a feeling this could be Battles break out game. If he can stand up and kick a few in the wet - the confidence will be sky high. The other one I keep banging on about is Long. I know he has it in him - just hasn’t clicked yet. It will.

It's not that type of year so much as that type of club. Just when acceptance hits they draw you back in. Just when you start to dream of a top pick they fumble a few unexpected wins to bumble in to football purgatory once more. It's like Murphy of the Law variety conceived an embodiment of his theory as a sporting club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back