Preview Round 15: West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Friday 24/06/2022 @ 8:40 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in that Phillips has been ok as a second ruck when named. The obsession with playing Bryan because he is young is getting old now

I think Draper could play more forward letting us use Bryan as the first ruck. It’s just a theory.

IN - Parish
OUT - McGrath

I’d be giving Langers/Snelling another week of conditioning in VFL. No point rushing either back for a game we should be winning & an unnecessary trip to perth.

Bring them back fresh for the Swans at the G week after.

Last edited:
IN - Parish
OUT - Ham

I’d give be giving Langers/Snelling another week in VFL for conditioning. No point rushing either back for a game we should be winning & an unnecessary trip to perth.

Bring them back for the Swans at the G

McGrath is out as well unfortunately.

Ridley's playing key position because Truck refuses to play multiple key defenders, not because Kelly is in the side.

Anybody who thinks Kelly should be dropped need their heads read because it's an incredibly stupid idea

True but I’ve noticed Kelly seems to do quite abit of intercepting this year. He doesn’t play on the small forwards either and tends to play as a pseudo third tall.

Do you know if Reid is OK ?

Read he rolled or twisted his ankle.
I am hoping it's not much anyway.
hadn't read the VFL updates at that stage :(

I think we got lucky with the Saints midfield being terrible and King playing a game Ridley could defend.
JJK, Darling and Waterman could give us headaches.

Lav -> Darling
Kelly -> Cripps
Ridley -> Waterman
Proper KPD -> JJK
Redman -> ?
Hind -> Petrucelle

hadn't read the VFL updates at that stage :(

I think we got lucky with the Saints midfield being terrible and King playing a game Ridley could defend.
JJK, Darling and Waterman could give us headaches.

Lav -> Darling
Kelly -> Cripps
Ridley -> Waterman
Proper KPD -> JJK
Redman -> ?
Hind -> Petrucelle
Reid on JJK
Lav on Darling
Kelly on Waterman
Ridley on Ryan
Redman on Rioli
Hind on Cripps
D'Ambrosio on Petrucelle

Put Mass on the least dangerous small of the lot.

Eagles now they are getting players back will push a lot of teams in the 2nd half of the season

If we can lead or stay with em they'll probably run out of petrol in the 2nd half

IN Cutler (SUB) and Parish
OUT McGrath and either Stewart or Durham if his ankle is still dicky or Hepp if that finger impedes his ability with ball in hand

In- Brand, Menzie, Wanganeen
Out- Heppell(Hand), McGrath, Stewart

Heppell’s hand doesn’t look great, Parish is 50/50 to play, while McGrath has aggravated his groin injury. Snelling and Langford need more minutes before coming back. Menzie and Wanganeen in to provide forward pressure and Brand to debut.

B Brand Laverde Kelly
HB Hind Ridley Redman
C Martin Caldwell Perkins
HF Hobbs Jones Stringer
F Menzie Wright Wanganeen
FOLL: Draper Shiel Merrett
I/C: Guelfi, D’Ambrissio, Phillips, Durham
Sub: Ham

In- Brand, Menzie, Wanganeen
Out- Heppell(Hand), McGrath, Stewart

Heppell’s hand doesn’t look great, Parish is 50/50 to play, while McGrath has aggravated his groin injury. Snelling and Langford need more minutes before coming back. Menzie and Wanganeen in to provide forward pressure and Brand to debut.

B Brand Laverde Kelly
HB Hind Ridley Redman
C Martin Caldwell Perkins
HF Hobbs Jones Stringer
F Menzie Wright Wanganeen
FOLL: Draper Shiel Merrett
I/C: Guelfi, D’Ambrissio, Phillips, Durham
Sub: Ham
You must be clearly joking

I don’t agree on Kelly tbh. He’s done a decent job defensively but his lack of pace and decision making severely limits our transition out of defence. He holds the play up and is almost as slow as Townsend. Laverde could easily play his current role now at a better level than what Kelly’s shown.

The defence cannot carry Heppell, Laverde and Kelly in one team. He’s also impacting Ridley and his intercepting game forcing him to play key position. There’s a reason his form has gone backwards.
Actually he is not impacting Ridley at all. The fact that Stewart has been injured and Reid being inexperienced has meant Ridley has had to defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but I’ve noticed Kelly seems to do quite abit of intercepting this year. He doesn’t play on the small forwards either and tends to play as a pseudo third tall.
Not sure you have been keeping a close eye on games. Kelly has played on various sizes all year depending on who is playing deep. He may line up on the second or third tall at a center bounce but once things have been in action he plays deep defender and picks up whoever is there.

Not sure you have been keeping a close eye on games. Kelly has played on various sizes all year depending on who is playing deep. He may line up on the second or third tall at a center bounce but once things have been in action he plays deep defender and picks up whoever is there.

He played a better game last game but his defending isn’t my problem. It’s mainly his pace, decision making and slowing of general play.

He’d fit in much better if we could drop Heppell but we can’t. He’s a decent stop gap option but there’s a reason Adelaide let him go.

Heppell, Ridley, Redman, Laverde and Kelly are all of similar size.

Out: McGrath (inj) and Heppell (inj)

In: Langford and Brand

Give Brand a debut for consistent effort and to see how he goes. Now is the time in the season to see what we have with these boys.

Heppells hand looks shot and Parish is a test so I would rather not risk him making it worse.

FB: Hind Brand Laverde

CHB: D'Ambrossio Ridley Redman

C: Merrett Caldwell Durham

CHF: Stringer Jones Martin

FF: Guelfi Wright Phillips

R: Draper Perkins Shiel

Int: Hobbs Kelly Ham Langford

Sub: Zerk

He played a better game last game but his defending isn’t my problem. It’s mainly his pace, decision making and slowing of general play.

He’d fit in much better if we could drop Heppell but we can’t. He’s a decent stop gap option but there’s a reason Adelaide let him go.

Heppell, Ridley, Redman, Laverde and Kelly are all of similar size.
He has not been the issue.
Do you want blue collar or not ?
That is what we got him for. Defending and attacking the footy hard.
He does what he does with the footy. Generally within his limitations. There has been nothing at all wrong with his decision making. The fact he rates elite for disposal efficiency tells you that.
Not like he has the footy 25 times and slows it down every time. Sometimes he plays on and sometimes he looks for a safe option and when our blokes up the ground actually work into space he hits them up.

He has not been the issue.
Do you want blue collar or not ?
That is what we got him for. Defending and attacking the footy hard.
He does what he does with the footy. Generally within his limitations. There has been nothing at all wrong with his decision making. The fact he rates elite for disposal efficiency tells you that.
Not like he has the footy 25 times and slows it down every time. Sometimes he plays on and sometimes he looks for a safe option and when our blokes up the ground actually work into space he hits them up.

Last thing we needed is another third tall defender. We should be playing Reid, Brand, Zerk or even Francis over the likes of him.

Laverde can play Kelly’s role to a higher level.

Last thing we needed is another third tall defender. We should be playing Reid, Brand, Zerk or even Francis over the likes of him.

Laverde can play Kelly’s role to a higher level.
This basically proves you have not been watching.
Kelly does not play third tall defender. He plays the deep defender on whoever is deep.
Francis can not defend anywhere near the level of Kelly.
Reid not physically ready to play KP right now which is why he went back to the VFL.
Brand has only started to find some form in the last 4 or so weeks. He has certainly not been ready for AFL.
They have played BZT. He has proven to not be up to AFL at this stage.

I think Zerk might come in for this game just to add some height down back to deal with the likes of Kennedy/ Darling/Waterman

So - OUT: McGrath, Stewart, Ham, Heppell
IN: Parish, Zerk, Langford, Cutler

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav Hind
Martin Caldwell Durham
Perkins Jones Guelfi
Stringer 2MP Hobbs

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Shiel Langford D'Ambrosio Phillips
SUB: Cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.