Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shattered for Hugh not getting a game. The fact that he can't get a look in now with all the players that we have out of the side and that we're in the stage of playing the kids, screams of pack your bags, you're delisted. Had massive hopes for him. Will probably go to a club like Hawthorn and be their fullback in 12 months with our luck.

Best of luck, Hugh :(
I'm with you nang.

I believe Hughy's struggling a bit and I'd like to see him get a crack before the year's out. Having said that, this is probably not the best game to bring him in when he hasn't been in standout form at Sandy. There's a fair chance we'll get smacked tomorrow and their quality talls might prove a difficult first up proposition. And of course they're playing at the venue of his last senior appearance where he suffered the serious injury that has lead to the stalling of his career.

I want Hugh to get a game and I want him to stay on the list. Most of all I want him to succeed.

Hopefully he gets a chance before the season's done. Maybe against Carlton next week. If not, perhaps in the month of 4 Etihad games that we finish the year on.

I'm with you nang.

I believe Hughy's struggling a bit and I'd like to see him get a crack before the year's out. Having said that, this is probably not the best game to bring him in when he hasn't been in standout form at Sandy. There's a fair chance we'll get smacked tomorrow and their quality talls might prove a difficult first up proposition. And of course they're playing at the venue of his last senior appearance where he suffered the serious injury that has lead to the stalling of his career.

I want Hugh to get a game and I want him to stay on the list. Most of all I want him to succeed.

Hopefully he gets a chance before the season's done. Maybe against Carlton next week. If not, perhaps in the month of 4 Etihad games that we finish the year on.
Adelaide oval is were Huey did his Achilles injury.

Do you honestly think a professional recruiter/team manager is so naive as to add value for games played for someone like Longer?
I don’t know where this “playing them to raise trade value” notion comes from, but it’s complete nonsense

I don't think other clubs will be like oh man Longer is playing 1sts he is good lets offer more. But in trade negotiations they would definitely be like "he played twos all year in a side struggling to win, he clearly isn't in your long term plans so here are unders as an offer".

Maybe a more appropriate comment would have been I wouldn't be happy if I was Longer, seems more of a 'we will give you another chance to show us you should be here next year' rather than getting picked on merit from he and Hickey's last performances.

People melting about Wright are being ridiculous..

He's learnt his shot, played well for a fortnight and now he's in.. Coff had 10 touches last week in a team that had a great win.

Richo has never gifted games, the bloke who deserves it in the coaches eyes plays.

I'd say they've been extremely consistent in that regard, we may not love it but it is what it is

People melting about Wright are being ridiculous..

He's learnt his shot, played well for a fortnight and now he's in.. Coff had 10 touches last week in a team that had a great win.

Richo has never gifted games, the bloke who deserves it in the coaches eyes plays.

I'd say they've been extremely consistent in that regard, we may not love it but it is what it is
No one is melting its called a different opinion
And over the years Richo most certainly has gifted games IMO

Last edited:
I would love to see Goddard in, but being that we are without Snake and Brown we would be very inexperienced down back if it was Goddard and Austin + he did his achilles in Adelaide

Longer, Joyce and Wright ahead of Hickey, Goddard and Marshall is complete and utter madness. We've picked a dinosaur ruck who can't get the ball, keep up with an opponent or assert any dominance in the hitouts, a kid who is still picking up the pace of VFL and a guy who has been on the list at least 3 years too long and despite the rest of this disaster of a season I'm stil shocked that the selectors can be this stupid.

Port by at least 45. Looking forward to Steele in the ruck

I'm not really opposed to having Wright get a last chance at it, but i don't like having him and Weller in the same side, they'll struggle to get 20 disposals between the two of them.

I'm shattered for Hugh not getting a game. The fact that he can't get a look in now with all the players that we have out of the side and that we're in the stage of playing the kids, screams of pack your bags, you're delisted. Had massive hopes for him. Will probably go to a club like Hawthorn and be their fullback in 12 months with our luck.

Best of luck, Hugh :(

Its possible, there's been players come back from the type of injury he had very slowly, he may still not be back to his full pace.

Ins are not as I'd hoped, but as I expected.
Wright seems to be playing well. Gilbert adds experience to backline that will be needed.
Goddard stated as playing best game for a fair while and Austin stiff to get dropped in first place.
Lonie has had his chance and think they would prefer to play him higher if he plays. Wright provides more of the defensive pressure Battle offered.

Was hoping Paton would get his chance but understand given he has had limited footy in the past 3 weeks due to carry over emergency duties and the bye.

Feel for Minchington as reckon he could have been in line for a game before yet another set back. Could spell the end for Minch given 4 rounds left by the time he returns, wont be enough to string a couple of games together and save his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really opposed to having Wright get a last chance at it, but i don't like having him and Weller in the same side, they'll struggle to get 20 disposals between the two of them.
They can have less than 20 touches as long as they get more than 15 tackles between them.
Sadly that is unlikely.

Its possible, there's been players come back from the type of injury he had very slowly, he may still not be back to his full pace.
Objectively...

He's not at 100% yet.

Even if he gets there, will it be enough?

Who would he replace, Brown? Yes.

But will he be any better than Brown?

Then he has Austin ahead of him who offers more to the team.

Sadly, he has a mountain of work ahead of him, as he has been out of the game so much.

Can't see him making it...

The selectors have chosen the players performing better at VFL level. What a disaster!

Oh so they picked the ruckman who had 34 disposals, 7 clearances and 59 hitouts and the forward/ruck who had 23 disposals, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 16 hitouts and a goal? Obviously they also picked the small forward who had 25 disposals, 5 tackles and 2 goals, right?

This is a 24 year old in his 6th year whose best game was his first game. He has got to be the worst kick of any Australian born player under 190cm in the competition and he has no football brain. Maybe he'll bob up for a goal or two but we know by now that he's not going to get much of the ball, he's going to use it poorly (especially if under any pressure) and he's not going to be a part of our next finals side. This is a development year for our club and instead of developing kids we're wasting games on proven hacks week after week.

I would love to see Goddard in, but being that we are without Snake and Brown we would be very inexperienced down back if it was Goddard and Austin + he did his achilles in Adelaide
Whats all this talk of he did his achilles in Adelaide , so what, that's nothing to do with why he isn't playing , talking about clutching at straws

36650892_2087562044790503_9106892699880914944_n.jpg

Carlisle and Brown out are huge loss against Port however development wise it will be great for Austin and Joyce, we will really see this boys put under extreme pressure with the back line put to the test and we will see where we are with these 2 guys.
I don't really like the selections of Gilbert and Wright but I can see why they are being played - their contest , pressure will help if we are being slaughtered by the the Crows.
For us to be any chance we need a few guys to have outstanding games - Sinclair , Steven , Billings , Membery , Gresham , Steele , Ross and need more goals from McCartin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back