Review Round 16 2021 - Melbourne v GWS Giants, 1.45 pm @ MCG, Sat 3 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win yesterday, just hitting form at the right time. As compared to my mob who are falling off a cliff.
Green is going to be great player, why was he dropped last week?

Great win yesterday, just hitting form at the right time. As compared to my mob who are falling off a cliff.
Green is going to be great player, why was he dropped last week?
Most GWS fans don't agree with the decision to drop him, but to be fair to the match committee, he'd had 3 quiet games either side of the bye. From the 4 previous rounds with possessions in the 20s, he'd dropped to 15, 18 & 11 (the last in the Carlton win), and to the eye, he certainly wasn't as involved or influential in those games. So, a quick freshen up in the easier VFL comp, and get the hunger back - it did work for the Demons game, where he was great. Always a fine balance with younger players of opportunity, development & giving a break. He's a gun kid, that's for sure.

Those people who were advocating we should’ve picked up Witherden… he is not an AFL standard footballer. He’s not even a good kick.

Those people who were advocating we should’ve picked up Witherden… he is not an AFL standard footballer. He’s not even a good kick.
Well, it's easy to look s**t when your whole team is playing s**t, if you're looking at him today. His overall stats are better than today shows.

But given how well Cumming has played this year, certainly no need for Witherden after all. Cumming has speed, accurate kicking, and can take an intercept mark. He's certainly worked out far better than I thought he would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back