Review Round 16 vs Adelaide - The Showdown Win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows have dominated A QUARTER; not a half. Q2 was equal.

Q1 3.1:19 - 2.7:19 (4-9)
Q2 3.1:19 - 2.4:16 (4-6)
Q3 6.3:39 - 1.1:7 (9-2)
Q4 3.6:24 - 0.2:2 (9-2)

H1 6.2:38 - 4.11:35 (8-15)
H2 9.9:63 - 1.3:9 (18-4)

FT 15.11:101 - 5.14:44 (26-19)

We f***en smashed them off the park and I didn't feel we ever really even got out of 2nd gear. A calm, composed demolition. We were rock solid in defence and absolutely smashed them in the middle, their prime movers had no impact.

Their only player who can hold his head high is Laird, and he still managed to slip over in the contest and gift Butters one of the goals of the day.

Our best is premiership football in the current climate. Keep it up until October thanks.

When players play with all their heart and play like it's their last day on earth, then they play with instinct and not over-think and just play football, when you have some absolutely top class players like we do, if they give their everything for every second of the game, then we go really well.

If the players are helped by the coach(s) and he plays the best center half forward we have had in donkey's years at center half forward instead of center half back and full back, then we go very, very well. Well done. Let's win next week; this game's finished.

Look. Collingwood have got the Wobbles, we've beaten the ladder leader, GWS are as flakey as us.

This year is anyones, still.

Can't trust us ever, though.
In the game against us Collingwood looked a million dollars, however they had a gameplan based game and they can be worked out come finals time.

A game well played. Some great pieces of play and then didn't give them a sniff right up to the final siren.

Now play like that next week and the week after and the week after that.

Keep it up all season long.

It must be so frustrating being a Port supporter. I swear, if you could knit together four in a row you can win the comp in a canter. I get frustrated and I'm not even a fan because you can see how entertaining you are when you're on.

Indeed it is. Highly likely that we will lose next week to Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing gives me a more primal satisfaction than beating the Crows. When Butters kicked that goal I nearly started beating off right there in the middle of the loungeroom.

Another win that reminds us we should be top 4, even top 2 if we'd put in the same effort against all the s**t sides we've lost to this year.

3rd time this year we've set what should be the standard only to * it up the following week.

The talent is flag worthy, just need the coach and players to believe it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

"finished" "cooked" "spent" "he's done"

655672.jpg

That was bloody great. Dominated every stat bar 1 (I will let you guess what it was) and simply tore the game apart in the last half. I thought Lycett was absolutely brilliant, despite playing under duress. The guys returning from the sanfl and suspension were all great, and if wines plays like that every week for the rest of the year there will be no complaints about his captaincy. The other whipping boy in Bonner was also very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back